The Student Room Group

Pe GCSE aqa coursework

I’ve used ai in my course work, how much of it am I allowed to use?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
When you submit coursework you have to declare that all work is your own, you cannot do that in good faith.

That being said, I know teachers that have recommended the use of AI in written courseworks though minimally. Where and how much of it did you use?
Original post by zaykenyon
When you submit coursework you have to declare that all work is your own, you cannot do that in good faith.

That being said, I know teachers that have recommended the use of AI in written courseworks though minimally. Where and how much of it did you use?

The percentage is varied and different checkers say different amounts. If I place the whole text I have 6% plagiarised. If section by section( 1000 words I think) it goes 26%,36%,50%,0%,4%,0%,0%. When I’ve handed in my coursework my teacher gave me a sheet in which I was supposed to put date and my signature but because no one wanted to explain to me what am I signing I didn’t put anything and my teacher didn’t question it so I assumed it fine. What should I do?(btw thank you for replying so quickly)
Reply 3
Original post by Emaaa973978234
The percentage is varied and different checkers say different amounts. If I place the whole text I have 6% plagiarised. If section by section( 1000 words I think) it goes 26%,36%,50%,0%,4%,0%,0%. When I’ve handed in my coursework my teacher gave me a sheet in which I was supposed to put date and my signature but because no one wanted to explain to me what am I signing I didn’t put anything and my teacher didn’t question it so I assumed it fine. What should I do?(btw thank you for replying so quickly)

Ah sorry for the miscommunication, I meant to ask how much of your written work is done so by AI, not how much of it flags as AI. Many public-facing AI detectors work like snake oil and I truly would not trust their results; the detection systems that the exam boards use are supposedly more sophisticated.

In regards to your signature, I assume that once your teacher realises you have not signed it they will come back to you. It is a quick but important process. AFAIK it cannot be submitted without your consent to do so.

Also, "when I’ve handed in my coursework" sounds like you have already submitted it? Unless I have misinterpreted what you mean I do not understand why you should worry about this considering it is "finished".
Original post by zaykenyon
Ah sorry for the miscommunication, I meant to ask how much of your written work is done so by AI, not how much of it flags as AI. Many public-facing AI detectors work like snake oil and I truly would not trust their results; the detection systems that the exam boards use are supposedly more sophisticated.

In regards to your signature, I assume that once your teacher realises you have not signed it they will come back to you. It is a quick but important process. AFAIK it cannot be submitted without your consent to do so.

Also, "when I’ve handed in my coursework" sounds like you have already submitted it? Unless I have misinterpreted what you mean I do not understand why you should worry about this considering it is "finished".

I’ve handed it in however because my teacher still hasn’t makes it it’s not “submitted”, I’ve used ai like grammarly for grammar and chat gpt throughout for example pasting definition of flexibility or the muscles used in a __ shot. It was lesser direct, I’d copy paste it but then change word or two in there to make it seem more like I’ve written it. Anything else I’ve missed out to answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending