The Student Room Group

Getting into IB after graduation

I graduated with a 2:1 from a top Russel group university in Civil Engineering. I have had a graduate job offer which I have taken on as an assistant engineer but I am planning to do this while I apply for IB roles.

I do not have any experience in IB. What would the best way to break into the industry, now after graduation?
Original post by j.1.2
I graduated with a 2:1 from a top Russel group university in Civil Engineering. I have had a graduate job offer which I have taken on as an assistant engineer but I am planning to do this while I apply for IB roles.

I do not have any experience in IB. What would the best way to break into the industry, now after graduation?

For sure when it comes to experience, first question is can the graduate role you are in provide upskilling in areas that you are interested in to increase your knowledge of IB? Second is if there is an online service where you can improve this? Finally for applying to IB roles if you don't have the exact experience, do you have other skills and experience that could be relevant to the role? If you can show the skills required in other ways and show a clear drive to enhance your experience and skill then employers will always show more interest in you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending