The Student Room Group

GES placement year interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Has anyone got an official offer yet
Reply 121
Original post by Zai786
Has anyone got an official offer yet
I think the official offer is the email we got assigning us to a Department? As far as I am aware we are just waiting on the details to come through from the Departments we were assigned to.

Edited to say: Ahh ok see what you mean. Just checked job guidance notes and it says that week commencing 18 March Departments will start contacting successful candidates for onboarding. Imagine this will include pre appointment checks including security clearance. I haven't heard from my Department yet.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 122
Original post by Snowwh
I think the official offer is the email we got assigning us to a Department? As far as I am aware we are just waiting on the details to come through from the Departments we were assigned to.
Edited to say: Ahh ok see what you mean. Just checked job guidance notes and it says that week commencing 18 March Departments will start contacting successful candidates for onboarding. Imagine this will include pre appointment checks including security clearance. I haven't heard from my Department yet.
Ah yes that’s what I meant! Ok looking out for the 18th march
Has anyone been contacted yet?
Original post by ALEXDASNIPER
I was contacted by my department last week but they said someone is going to be in contact further to discuss onboarding,etc
Original post by subzz.sb
I was contacted by my department last week but they said someone is going to be in contact further to discuss onboarding,etc
Anything said about references / checking last years marks ? Ta
(edited 6 days ago)
Original post by Charliedale
Anything said about references / checking lady years makes ? Ta
Nothing about that, it said pre employment checks and security clearance
Original post by subzz.sb
Nothing about that, it said pre employment checks and security clearance
That’s all that I have been told. I got worried wether I was behind everyone else
Reply 128
Original post by ALEXDASNIPER
Have you been contacted again since we got the assignment email to Department in other words have you heard from your assigning department yet? Thanks.
I've just been contacted by the FCDO with a conditional offer and a number of forms to complete ahead of security clearance.
I'm sure everyone else will hear back today or tomorrow
Original post by theoashleyhacker
I've just been contacted by the FCDO with a conditional offer and a number of forms to complete ahead of security clearance.
I'm sure everyone else will hear back today or tomorrow
Is that conditional on vetting / security and residency stuff? Ta
Is that conditional on vetting / security and residency stuff? Ta
Yep that kinda stuff
Reply 132
Has anybody NOT heard from their hiring department yet? Thanks.
Original post by Snowwh
Has anybody NOT heard from their hiring department yet? Thanks.

I’ve not heard yet sent an email say after I got notice from the recruitment team
Reply 134
I’ve not heard yet sent an email say after I got notice from the recruitment team

I haven't had any reply yet from my hiring department. It said in email from recruitment team to contact them in 4 weeks if you haven't heard anything. Seems like a very long time to have to wait but got no choice but wait I guess.
I’ve been assigned to the Cabinet Office. Has anyone heard anything since the assignment emails?
Original post by ciaranbelcher10
I’ve been assigned to the Cabinet Office. Has anyone heard anything since the assignment emails?

Hi, I’ve been assigned to the CO too - in York. Had an email last week asking for my DOB but nothing else. Are you York or London?
Hi, I’ve been assigned to the CO too - in York. Had an email last week asking for my DOB but nothing else. Are you York or London?

I’m in London, I got the DOB email but haven’t heard since.
Original post by ciaranbelcher10
I’m in London, I got the DOB email but haven’t heard since.

I’m chasing in a couple days as want to get it nailed on so I can sort accommodation. I’ll let you know if I hear. Have you any idea of start date?
I sent an email last week, when the 4 weeks elapsed, to GESR to say the Cabinet Office hadn't contacted the next day I got the DOB. No clue about start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending