The Student Room Group

Audiology 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 17wrightkit
I’ve applied for Audiology at Manchester, Leeds, Southampton undergrad + Msc, also swansea. I’ve got an interview at Manchester 🤗 but I haven’t heard back from anywhere else. I was wondering if anyone had any idea when I could expect to hear back/ what the interviews are like and how to prepare?? x
I finally heard back from all I applied to , Leeds were the last ones , just had the interview a couple of weeks ago and received their offer this week so hopefully you will hear from them soon
Reply 21
I’ve applied for Audiology at Manchester, Leeds, Southampton undergrad + Msc, also swansea. I’ve got an interview at Manchester 🤗 but I haven’t heard back from anywhere else. I was wondering if anyone had any idea when I could expect to hear back/ what the interviews are like and how to prepare?? x
I had three interviews and each of them had a different style , Manchester was online and I found it easier , Middlesex had a group one with case study type of question and a 1:1 and Leeds had a different format with various scenarios asking you to describe how you will approach , the last one being a role play that totally threw me . I actually didn't think I did well , role plays not my favourite but I did get an offer so good luck
Original post by chsopm
I had three interviews and each of them had a different style , Manchester was online and I found it easier , Middlesex had a group one with case study type of question and a 1:1 and Leeds had a different format with various scenarios asking you to describe how you will approach , the last one being a role play that totally threw me . I actually didn't think I did well , role plays not my favourite but I did get an offer so good luck

Hey, I've applied to Manchester but got rejected because I had 1 grade below expected for my science gcse. Do you think it will be possible for me to go through clearing? I really want to go to uni of Manchester.
Reply 23
Original post by jasminej0075
Anyone planning to go to leeds?
I have Leeds as my second option , it was initially my first choice even though is quite far from where I live . Next I got an offer from UCL , no campus , but I will have to consider and let the A levels decide .
Reply 24
Hey, I've applied to Manchester but got rejected because I had 1 grade below expected for my science gcse. Do you think it will be possible for me to go through clearing? I really want to go to uni of Manchester.
Audiology courses seems to have really small no of students so I tend to think they will come in clearing unless they fill the places with international students .
Reply 25
Original post by Mz123456
hello, has Leeds got back to you with the result of your interview yet or not?
Leeds took about two weeks to send the offer after interview , hopefully you will hear from them soon

It is usually an automatic rejection if you don't meet the GCSE requirements and this is unlikely to change during clearing. Do you have offers from elsewhere?
Reply 27
Has anyone heard from Swansea yet for Audiology, it’s my last one I’ve got all my other offers and it’s just annoying me because it’s my back up because of the lower grades and I thought the interview went really well but that was like 6 weeks ago now?? I’m not too worried because i don’t think I’m going to out it as a choice but I’m not 100% sure yet as i might but it as my insurance depending on revision and stuff

Yes I heard back from Swansea in March.
Original post by chsopm

Hi, I’ve got my online interview with Manchester in a few days, could you tell me how it went like the structure, questions etc? It’d really help me out if you could, I’m kinda nervous. Thanks!
Original post by expanding-crisp
Hi, I’ve got my online interview with Manchester in a few days, could you tell me how it went like the structure, questions etc? It’d really help me out if you could, I’m kinda nervous. Thanks!

Hi, my interview for Manchester was actually very chill, in the first half we just had a presentation on the course and the uni. Then we either had our individual interview or the group interview. The individual one was a bit more intense but nothing awful the guy i had was really nice and the questions were along the lines of “why do you want to study audiology…. what are some qualities an audiologist should have and where do you see yourself in 5 years’ The only hard question i had out of all my interviews was “why should be give you this place over other candidates” but that wasn’t for Manchester - but maybe prepare for trickier questions like that. Then after we had the group interview where they played us videos of a lady speaking about her experience with hearing aids and you have to say how her experience might have been improved and give feedback on the clips - you will be fine just make sure you say enough but not so much that no one else can speak just try get the balance. Goodluck!!!! xxx
Hi, my interview for Manchester was actually very chill, in the first half we just had a presentation on the course and the uni. Then we either had our individual interview or the group interview. The individual one was a bit more intense but nothing awful the guy i had was really nice and the questions were along the lines of “why do you want to study audiology…. what are some qualities an audiologist should have and where do you see yourself in 5 years’ The only hard question i had out of all my interviews was “why should be give you this place over other candidates” but that wasn’t for Manchester - but maybe prepare for trickier questions like that. Then after we had the group interview where they played us videos of a lady speaking about her experience with hearing aids and you have to say how her experience might have been improved and give feedback on the clips - you will be fine just make sure you say enough but not so much that no one else can speak just try get the balance. Goodluck!!!! xxx

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful, I’m a little less nervous now- and I’ll make sure to prepare for harder questions like that just in case. Thanks again! xx
Reply 31

Thank you so much! Actually I have an interview with Manchester tomorrow and this is my first interview everrr huhu, I'm scared~~~~

Quick Reply

Latest