The Student Room Group

How do grads decide where to live?

I've been planning on just following whatever grad scheme I'm offered as far as possible and then finding affordable housing (London excluded lol) hopefully in the area. But a lot of them are asking for my preferences on where to work- it's been fine where there are limited options (i.e., one I'm applying to is Edi/London/Manc), but others kind of let you live anywhere within reason in the UK, so I was wondering what people kind of consider when thinking about that? (Although I'm reluctant to live at home again, but for reference I'm about 25 miles outside London)
Original post by zazzy.r
I've been planning on just following whatever grad scheme I'm offered as far as possible and then finding affordable housing (London excluded lol) hopefully in the area. But a lot of them are asking for my preferences on where to work- it's been fine where there are limited options (i.e., one I'm applying to is Edi/London/Manc), but others kind of let you live anywhere within reason in the UK, so I was wondering what people kind of consider when thinking about that? (Although I'm reluctant to live at home again, but for reference I'm about 25 miles outside London)

Very few grads get the option. Working remotely is a new thing, and a company that is completely open to any location is both rare and a new phenomenon. But if that's what you've got, and you are truly not limited to two days a week in a specific city, then pick wherever you like. Pick somewhere where housing is cheap so salary goes further, there is scope for your interests, you can/can't easily travel to see family, depending whether you want to etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending