The Student Room Group

Book list/ TBR (OFFICAL CHAT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Okay darlings, I may have just seen the most disturbing thing of my life. What the hell is the book unhinged by vera whatever her name is. I was watching a video about it but i feel sick, because it is THAT SICK.

a romance book about a door and a girl is just too much. This is where i draw the line.

Watch this girls review on it and please be as disturbed as I am, i need a disturbed budyy. https://youtu.be/szFXk8yLvK4?si=4Wyero4JrHb_Boi7

As always, love you loads bubs, and have fun!
Original post by Tatakae L
Okay darlings, I may have just seen the most disturbing thing of my life. What the hell is the book unhinged by vera whatever her name is. I was watching a video about it but i feel sick, because it is THAT SICK.

a romance book about a door and a girl is just too much. This is where i draw the line.

Watch this girls review on it and please be as disturbed as I am, i need a disturbed budyy. https://youtu.be/szFXk8yLvK4?si=4Wyero4JrHb_Boi7

As always, love you loads bubs, and have fun!

well apparently the door is a shapeshifter and is a real person, and she later sleeps with his human form, but nonetheless that's still soo bizarre😭😭
Reply 42
Original post by heartz4moushi
well apparently the door is a shapeshifter and is a real person, and she later sleeps with his human form, but nonetheless that's still soo bizarre😭😭

It's too much, the fact that she did the hoola hoola with door handle in the first place is a bit much for me. Its crazy😭😭. If anything the author is entirly unhinged herself for even imagining a book like that, never mind writing it up, editing it and then publishing it.
It's too much, the fact that she did the hoola hoola with door handle in the first place is a bit much for me. Its crazy😭😭. If anything the author is entirly unhinged herself for even imagining a book like that, never mind writing it up, editing it and then publishing it.

i don't want this to come across as degrading but i saw in the spoilers that she seems to totally encourage such unhinged kinks?? ayh, no ik what you mean. ig we're just not the right audience for it😭😭
Reply 44
i don't want this to come across as degrading but i saw in the spoilers that she seems to totally encourage such unhinged kinks?? ayh, no ik what you mean. ig we're just not the right audience for it😭😭

I'd be concerned for myself if I was the right audience for a book of that nature😭😭😭😭
Reply 45
Okay, so i finished the second book of ACOTAR series right, and I needed a little break because I just needed my mind to sink into what had just happened so I started thr from blood and ash series, read the first and second book and then had to have a little pause a gain because what exactly made me think that the second book of from blood and ash would be calming after the first one? Who knows. so now to have a simultainous break from both I am reading the witches(by dahl😭😭) because at least I know whats happeneding and then Imma read the Diasy jones one before moving onto the third book of ACOTAR and then the third book of from blood and ash. yeah thats it, I just needed a little rant.

Love you forever
Tatakae L<3
Reply 46
Okay darlings, I need a lot of help. This is gonna be a wake up call for me bc I know chapter 1 isnt the best but remember when I said that I would post it when I feel as though Iv'e done enough on it to be good constructual feedback, well here I am with chapter 1. My book is currently on I think 13 000 words but chapter 1 is 2500. I want yall to be as honest as possible, tell me if its crap and tell me what its missing, what it doesn need bc I need the critical feedback. Imma tag the peeps who I think were involved in the convo but anyone is welcome to tell me what they think because I need it. @study23! @heartz4moushi IMMA SEND IT THROUGH AS A LINK TO A DOCS CAUSE IT LOOKS WEIRD LIKE THIS ON HERE.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 47
Okay darlings, I need a lot of help. This is gonna be a wake up call for me bc I know chapter 1 isnt the best but remember when I said that I would post it when I feel as though Iv'e done enough on it to be good constructual feedback, well here I am with chapter 1. My book is currently on I think 13 000 words but chapter 1 is 2500. I want yall to be as honest as possible, tell me if its crap and tell me what its missing, what it doesn need bc I need the critical feedback. Imma tag the peeps who I think were involved in the convo but anyone is welcome to tell me what they think because I need it. @study23! @heartz4moushi IMMA SEND IT THROUGH AS A LINK TO A DOCS CAUSE IT LOOKS WEIRD LIKE THIS ON HERE.

Yay!!!! Send the link soon, happy to read 😊
Reply 48
Original post by study23!
Yay!!!! Send the link soon, happy to read 😊

i just clocked i didnt send it straight away. im sending it now.
Reply 49
@study23! @heartz4moushi
here is the link. imma put it up on the book club too in case anyone else wants to help and give feedback cause ik it could be so much better i just dont know howww
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDfrJtDBwlkZuPd-JadWQlGvX48MxxIR1ZYpjB-xLrU/edit?usp=sharing
@study23! @heartz4moushi
here is the link. imma put it up on the book club too in case anyone else wants to help and give feedback cause ik it could be so much better i just dont know howww
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDfrJtDBwlkZuPd-JadWQlGvX48MxxIR1ZYpjB-xLrU/edit?usp=sharing

ahhh babeeee. congrats on finishing the first chapterr. excited to readd🤭
Reply 51
ahhh babeeee. congrats on finishing the first chapterr. excited to readd🤭

thx loveyy
Reply 52
@study23! @heartz4moushi

Just read it! It's fab (and also kinda scary won't lie lol what if that happened to us). Imma be like a teacher and give you two stars and two targets:
🌟 Great tone - I can clearly tell that this is a teenager in a realistic family, fed up of the little things but still cares for people despite trying not to show it
🌟 No plot dumping, the sitch with Aria is handled well, weaving it in but not telling us immediatly what happened, where was your character originally, why do they not want to go back? The setting is good
Just some grammar things, google docs will flag those up
Make sure you don't repeat things too much, it works to a point for an effect but after that it seems like we're being told the same things again. It's not too bad for this, just small parts here and there

I've put anonymous comments on too for suggestions, you can use them if you wish but at the end it's your story! I'd say a very solid first chapter 😁
Reply 53
Just read it! It's fab (and also kinda scary won't lie lol what if that happened to us). Imma be like a teacher and give you two stars and two targets:
🌟 Great tone - I can clearly tell that this is a teenager in a realistic family, fed up of the little things but still cares for people despite trying not to show it
🌟 No plot dumping, the sitch with Aria is handled well, weaving it in but not telling us immediatly what happened, where was your character originally, why do they not want to go back? The setting is good
Just some grammar things, google docs will flag those up
Make sure you don't repeat things too much, it works to a point for an effect but after that it seems like we're being told the same things again. It's not too bad for this, just small parts here and there

I've put anonymous comments on too for suggestions, you can use them if you wish but at the end it's your story! I'd say a very solid first chapter 😁

awwww thanks smmm. imma go back and look through it. THANK YOU SMMMM.

and ikk the fear of being on the edge and falling in is too much cause imagine, like id be dead from the fall never mind anything else. crazyyy.
Reply 54
awwww thanks smmm. imma go back and look through it. THANK YOU SMMMM.

and ikk the fear of being on the edge and falling in is too much cause imagine, like id be dead from the fall never mind anything else. crazyyy.

No problemo, so proud of you for writing it ❤️
Reply 55

the pain ive beenn through for this book is crazy. like i used to write it on my usb stick and then I stood on it🙄🙄💀💀 lost all my data so had to restart and i kinds changed it up after that (you'll see when i eventually post chapter 2) but raquel has more than enough problems down there in the crack and as bad as it is, i love them to peices ofc but, i still love making them suffer cause why not you know. lol that makes me sound like a sociopath.
Reply 56

ahhhh ive just gone through your comments and theyre so goodddd, im defo nabbing the sentences youve put in bc they are amazingggg
Reply 57
the pain ive beenn through for this book is crazy. like i used to write it on my usb stick and then I stood on it🙄🙄💀💀 lost all my data so had to restart and i kinds changed it up after that (you'll see when i eventually post chapter 2) but raquel has more than enough problems down there in the crack and as bad as it is, i love them to peices ofc but, i still love making them suffer cause why not you know. lol that makes me sound like a sociopath.

nah i totally get it, when i was starting to plot a book a few years ago, they were all going through trauma
Reply 58
nah i totally get it, when i was starting to plot a book a few years ago, they were all going through trauma

trauma is just so easy for book charecters, like i love yall to bits but i want to be entertained and to make life harder for you bc realistically your all just in my head. nah fr tho sometimes i be mixing my charecters experinces with my own life, and i'll tell my freind "remember when s and so happened2 and theyre so confused cause it didnt and it just happened in a book or in my own charecters lives, its mental but im mental
thx loveyy

just back from reading. must say i'm impressed. i have left a few comments that you can think about and hopefully it's helpful? so proud of you for getting through it though🤗 it was a lovely starting, and i can tell that with a couple of tweaks and refining, your story will be a fantastic read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending