The Student Room Group

SJA Adult First Aider relationship with Cadet First Aider

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here, so apologies if this is in the wrong section or if I've missed any community norms.

I've always been interested in First Aid, a passion I pursued through the Air Cadets up until recently. Unfortunately, due to time commitments from both Cadets and other things in my life, I couldn't really justify joining Ambulance Cadets. Now, as I'm about to age out of the Air Cadets, I'm going to find myself with a lot more spare time, and I'm very interested in joining St John Ambulance (SJA) as an adult first aider.

However, there's a small issue that I'm unsure about. My girlfriend is currently a Cadet First Aider with SJA. I'm wondering if my joining SJA as an adult volunteer would create any complications, in terms of me adopting a position of responsibility over her, or whether that would only be an issue should I be applying to join as a Youth Leader.

Any advice or insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm really keen on becoming an Event First Aider with SJA, but I want to make sure that I'm not screwing myself or her over in the process.

Thanks in advance for your help!

For context, I will be 18 at the time of my application, and she will be 15 - turning 16 in May of this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending