The Student Room Group

Universal Credit Review Role - DWP EO

I’ve been given a start date for the above but I’m super anxious as know very little about the day to day of the role. Having scoured the internet this question gets asked a lot but nobody ever really gives an answer. I’m in two minds whether to stay in my current role so would be super grateful for anyone who is doing or has done this role to explain the day to me.

Specifically, do you get bored? Are you always on the phone like a call centre? Is it very samey? Are the expectations manageable? I’m terrfied of being bored there!!

TIA
Reply 1
Original post by Secretsnail
I’ve been given a start date for the above but I’m super anxious as know very little about the day to day of the role. Having scoured the internet this question gets asked a lot but nobody ever really gives an answer. I’m in two minds whether to stay in my current role so would be super grateful for anyone who is doing or has done this role to explain the day to me.

Specifically, do you get bored? Are you always on the phone like a call centre? Is it very samey? Are the expectations manageable? I’m terrfied of being bored there!!

TIA

i have a start date for 5th of Feb for this same role and i have been trying to read reviews about the role but no one seem to give a specific answer to the same one you've asked. i am in the same boat as you and i wish someone who has an experience on the role could just answer your question
Reply 2
Original post by Staceyll17
I’ve only been here a few weeks, but generally you see claimants face to face, you will have telephone and video call appts also. You have a diary so its full on, however really good breaks 2 x 15 and you also have an hours lunch break. You have 30 minutes before shift and at the end for notes etc. different types of appts depending on claimants circumstances so all have different time limits. Defiantly won’t say you will be bored, your essentially supporting someone getting back into work ensuring they have done there required job searches but also supporting people with lots of other aspects, for example could be as simple as helping someone get new Clothes for work, referring to mental health services, homelessness, prison leavers, the list is endless. Everyone is very different in the approach and there is a lot to learn, it can be very fulfilling, however you will get some challenges and the occasional bit of verbal abuse.

Thanks for this...are you talking about the work coach role or universal credit claims review?
Reply 3
Original post by Bcruz
i have a start date for 5th of Feb for this same role and i have been trying to read reviews about the role but no one seem to give a specific answer to the same one you've asked. i am in the same boat as you and i wish someone who has an experience on the role could just answer your question

I hated every second but I presume you've started by now and maybe love it !
Reply 4
I have no issue so far. Why did you hate it??
Reply 5
Toxic manager

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending