The Student Room Group

Personal statement

Hey guys,
I was Just wondering how to link my work experience with my personal statement so I did work experience at a cafe and I want to go into accounting so how would I link them , I was asked to manage some financial records so what could I write like skills I gained and stuff?
Original post by aminahfr
Hey guys,
I was Just wondering how to link my work experience with my personal statement so I did work experience at a cafe and I want to go into accounting so how would I link them , I was asked to manage some financial records so what could I write like skills I gained and stuff?

First, I would email the cafe you worked at to confirm exactly what the financial documents were. After this, I would research a bit more into what the document was specifically and the skills that are required. A typical link, which is quite common, would be saying how it taught you how important being methodical is and giving an example of how you had to be methodical to maintain efficiency and ensure a company doesn’t face underserved losses. Easy links for this are sales and purchase ledgers. If you're looking at becoming a management accountant rather than your bog standard boring accountant, link it to the interconnection between departments and how accepting insights from other departments is also significant, as number crunching may not always be the best strategy. Link this into improved communication and efficiency and a higher morale due to budgeting being more flexible, and suggest companies that may like these types of accountants.
Reply 2
Original post by TomcSixthForm
First, I would email the cafe you worked at to confirm exactly what the financial documents were. After this, I would research a bit more into what the document was specifically and the skills that are required. A typical link, which is quite common, would be saying how it taught you how important being methodical is and giving an example of how you had to be methodical to maintain efficiency and ensure a company doesn’t face underserved losses. Easy links for this are sales and purchase ledgers. If you're looking at becoming a management accountant rather than your bog standard boring accountant, link it to the interconnection between departments and how accepting insights from other departments is also significant, as number crunching may not always be the best strategy. Link this into improved communication and efficiency and a higher morale due to budgeting being more flexible, and suggest companies that may like these types of accountants.

Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending