The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Environmental Research DTP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Emmelina_Moon
I'm just hoping they sent them out at different times for different streams. Gotta keep hope.... Until the afternoon, then we can give up 😅

Keep fingers crossed
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Dhobrrr
For which stream did you apply for if you don’t mind ?

Dynamic Earth, surface processes and natural hazards
Yeh so, they are sending out rejection emails, I just got mine. Feels pretty *****y, and I wish everyone else the best of luck. Time for me to start applying to Aldi 😅
Reply 43
Original post by Emmelina_Moon
Yeh so, they are sending out rejection emails, I just got mine. Feels pretty *****y, and I wish everyone else the best of luck. Time for me to start applying to Aldi 😅

Yeah just got same. Has your application been forwarded to the department?
Reply 44
Original post by kalpapran

Got mine too & it’s unsuccessful 😢 . My application will be forwarded to the department but with no certainty of funding & the process takes place up to 4 weeks.

I wish everyone good luck with their interviews 🤞
Reply 45

Yess, how about yours?
Just got an email saying my application has been unsuccessful. I currently go to Oxford, have four years of lab experiences (1 year with the lab stated in my application) and had my POI wrote me a strong letter. I honestly don’t know what they are looking for. Best wishes to everyone who got an interview! And thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and shared their progress :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Dhobrrr

Yess, how about yours?

Yeah same. Forwarded to the department with no certainty of funding
Reply 48
Yeah same. Forwarded to the department with no certainty of funding

Which department/stream did you apply for?
Reply 49
Original post by Dhobrrr

Biodiversity- so probably will be forwarded to department of biology (ecology and conservation)
Reply 50
Original post by Dhobrrr

You?
Reply 51
You?

Yeah same. It will be forwarded to biology department. Good luck for both of us!

Yeh mine said the same, but frankly I don't hold out much hope for it. Also, that would probably be without funding and I don't have a spare 50k lying around to fund it and living costs myself unfortunately, so even if I got offered a place I would need a whole lot of scholarships/funding.

I do wish we could get some feedback, but I understand that it's because of the large amount of applications.
Original post by Random sad girl
Just got an email saying my application has been unsuccessful. I currently go to Oxford, have four years of lab experiences (1 year with the lab stated in my application) and had my POI wrote me a strong letter. I honestly don’t know what they are looking for. Best wishes to everyone who got an interview! And thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and shared their progress :smile:

Son had similar experience.He and many of his friends who were top of their year ended up having to go elsewhere unlike Cambridge who seem to hold onto their top people.Also depends on who is heading up decisions as to what areas are favoured.
Hi,
I wonder what questions a typical Environmental Science DTP asks during an interview. I have an interview for an interdisciplinary CDT upcoming and couldn't find much information online so thought I would ask here if anyone could share : )
Reply 55
Anyone heard results? I remember they said either friday or next week so either I didn't get in or its going to be a stressful weekend I guess.
Reply 56
Has anyone else heard back from the program? I was accepted last week!
Has anyone who got rejected after interview and had their applications sent to the department heard anything back yet?
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending