The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge English MPhil Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #8
So sorry to hear about everyone who was unsuccessful this time, and wishing you all the best for whatever you end up doing instead. Just wondering whether anyone would be happy to share whether their portal updated to Decision Pending prior to this?

I went straight to unsuccessful after only being on submitted. Did you get any news?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
PhD English here, any MPhil English still on submitted as well? :|
Original post by Anonymous #13
PhD English here, any MPhil English still on submitted as well? :|
My guess would be that that means you're basically waitlisted - Anna Fox told me everyone would hear by the end of February, so still being in the running I'd count as good news at this point!
Reply 63
Anyone else still on Decision Pending (since last Monday)? Concerned that there doesn’t seem to be many others in the same boat as me!
Original post by mehy
Anyone else still on Decision Pending (since last Monday)? Concerned that there doesn’t seem to be many others in the same boat as me!
Me! Wouldn't worry too much :smile:
Original post by mehy
Check your portal!!
My portal moved to "Conditional Offer Made"!!!!!
Congratulationsssss!!! yahooooo
Received an offer yesterday. Delighted!! Good luck to everyone still waiting
Anyone else still on decision pending after being moved into it last week? It seems like a bunch of offers have come out but I'm still waitiiiing
Original post by c.aux18
Received an offer yesterday. Delighted!! Good luck to everyone still waiting
Congratulations! What period are you looking to focus on? :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Betsy Trotwood
Anyone else still on decision pending after being moved into it last week? It seems like a bunch of offers have come out but I'm still waitiiiing
I’m the same, but mega congrats to everyone who’s received offers!! You’re all amazing

I emailed the dept today about the status of my application and the response was: ‘The Admissions Office is taking some time in processing applications but I think you should hear something within the next few days.’

Not really sure how to read into this (whether it’ll be good or bad news, since I don’t know if the Admissions Office is PAO or the English dept), but I guess we’ll see…
Original post by mehy
I’m the same, but mega congrats to everyone who’s received offers!! You’re all amazing
I emailed the dept today about the status of my application and the response was: ‘The Admissions Office is taking some time in processing applications but I think you should hear something within the next few days.’
Not really sure how to read into this (whether it’ll be good or bad news, since I don’t know if the Admissions Office is PAO or the English dept), but I guess we’ll see…
Ah awesome, thanks so much for the update. At least the pain will be over soon haha
Guys, I think your chance of getting rejected after DP for English is genuinely really, really small. Though I get your stress! Totally! But in case this helps, I'm almost 100% certain you've been accepted.
Reply 74
Original post by labradoodle101
Guys, I think your chance of getting rejected after DP for English is genuinely really, really small. Though I get your stress! Totally! But in case this helps, I'm almost 100% certain you've been accepted.
Ahh thanks so much for your reassurance <3
Got an offer today! Pretty concerned about colleges though at this point, as I (stupidly) put Trinity and Johns as my top 2 and those are likely full now. For those who have been offered a place have you heard back from your colleges yet and if so where are you going? (By the way I was on DP for weeks before this acceptance so it seems like it is a likely acceptance!)
Reply 76
Received an offer earlier today too!!
Original post by mehy
Received an offer earlier today too!!
Finally!! happy to hear that :smile:
Hey congratulations everyone! Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to hear about college allocation?
Original post by Anonymous #15
Hey congratulations everyone! Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to hear about college allocation?
It took me about 9 days! (Christ's)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending