The Student Room Group

TSR BookChat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
Nice to see you here! :h:

I have written poems and a lot more short stories in the past. I do this for over 10 years. And you?
I write some short stories about animals.
Plus a few fictional autobiographies from the point of view of members of my toy animal collection.
Original post by Summer_Academiq
Thank you for tagging me bae :biggrin:
No probs love x
any shakespeare nerds round here? im reading twelfth night rn and i loveeee
Original post by x-wing_pilot
any shakespeare nerds round here? im reading twelfth night rn and i loveeee
omg yes! i'm reading tempest for english and last year i read romeo and juliet. i even tried memorizing some of romeo juliet lol
Reply 64
hi i love books but as of now i am looking for some
Original post by Ndro
the feb book of the month that we're all reading is the girl with the dragon tattoo (link to pdf in the bookclub thread)
Reply 66
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
the feb book of the month that we're all reading is the girl with the dragon tattoo (link to pdf in the bookclub thread)
that will be a nice book cool by the way nice too meet u hope we can talk to each other I have gotten the book
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Ndro
that will be a nice book cool by the way nice too meet u hope we can talk to each other I have gotten the book
nice to meet u too!
omg yes! i'm reading tempest for english and last year i read romeo and juliet. i even tried memorizing some of romeo juliet lol
the tempest has to be one of the most fun shakespeare plays to actually perform, i did it last year for school and it was such a good time! romeo and juliet is also super fun, i might get my school to put it on next year... i really like the modern twist versions like west side story or the one with dicaprio (i just want an excuse to spin pistols ok)
mercutio is the friend we all want but can't have 😭
Original post by x-wing_pilot
the tempest has to be one of the most fun shakespeare plays to actually perform, i did it last year for school and it was such a good time! romeo and juliet is also super fun, i might get my school to put it on next year... i really like the modern twist versions like west side story or the one with dicaprio (i just want an excuse to spin pistols ok)
mercutio is the friend we all want but can't have 😭
that's so cool that you performed tempest, i actually haven't watched any of the movie versions of romeo and juliet yet, but i will soon (probably) and yes mercutio is an amazing friend but i personally think benvolio is better, he kept his cool and tried to convince mercutio they should leave but mercutio just had to fight tybalt which is what caused romeo and juliet a lot of trouble (romeo's banishment, etc.)
Original post by londonmyst
I write some short stories about animals.
Plus a few fictional autobiographies from the point of view of members of my toy animal collection.

Are the stories about animals similar to the fairy-tale with the hedgehog and the rabbit? if you don't know it, it is a German one.
stop this makes me so happy I haven't heard of someone reading the tempest in agess....when i was a kid my dad bought me the shakespear collection but like a book version and then as I got older he gifted me the whole shakespeare collection like a MASSSIVE BOOK...absolutely love it and I hope I one day egt round to reading it all
OMG in primary school we did a Shakespeare drama festival thing and we did the tempest! I was a sea nymph lmaoo
Original post by Ndro

Do you like classic? I can name some, if you look for that genre.
Original post by halfharry
stop this makes me so happy I haven't heard of someone reading the tempest in agess....when i was a kid my dad bought me the shakespear collection but like a book version and then as I got older he gifted me the whole shakespeare collection like a MASSSIVE BOOK...absolutely love it and I hope I one day egt round to reading it all
NO WAYYY, I HAVE THE FULL SHAKESPEAR COLLECTION TOO. is it a hard back with gold pages, im gonna scream if it is. it has all his poems and his plays!??!?!?
Original post by tatakae l
no wayyy, i have the full shakespear collection too. Is it a hard back with gold pages, im gonna scream if it is. It has all his poems and his plays!??!?!?
waittttt.... Imma need to go to the garage and check but its like red and yes its hardback...the print is so small and it contains all his sonnets as well
Original post by halfharry
waittttt.... Imma need to go to the garage and check but its like red and yes its hardback...the print is so small and it contains all his sonnets as well
omds stop, nooo this is too much. i think mine is brown, if i can find a pic of it online Screenshot 2024-03-02 120106.png its this one but I think it is more brownly irl, but its think as hell and there is so much text but I love it.
that's so cool that you performed tempest, i actually haven't watched any of the movie versions of romeo and juliet yet, but i will soon (probably) and yes mercutio is an amazing friend but i personally think benvolio is better, he kept his cool and tried to convince mercutio they should leave but mercutio just had to fight tybalt which is what caused romeo and juliet a lot of trouble (romeo's banishment, etc.)
so basically benvolio gives mom friend vibes but mercutio is like the feral short friend lmao
Original post by tatakae l
omds stop, nooo this is too much. I think mine is brown, if i can find a pic of it online Screenshot 2024-03-02 120106.png its this one but i think it is more brownly irl, but its think as hell and there is so much text but i love it.
yooooo i need this
you guys can take part in the book quiz if you haven't already!!- https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7449763

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending