The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Interview Tips

Hello everyone, I got an invite for an interview for Electronic and Electrical Engineering. I am quite nervous and would like some tips on how to prepare, please.
Reply 1
Original post by meliodas89
Hello everyone, I got an invite for an interview for Electronic and Electrical Engineering. I am quite nervous and would like some tips on how to prepare, please.
Prepare your personal statement well. Know your stuff in Physics, Electronics, Maths etc. (I'm not sure what they will ask you since my interview was for CS and it's more clear cut what they can ask).

Be passionate

Take 5-8 seconds to think about your answer.

Don't over prepare to the point of robotic answers - they want to see what you are like as a person, not how easy it is to memorise answers.

and finally, as stupid as this sounds, do absolutely no work when there is 2 or 3 days before your interview. Think about it, you've done the hard part of doing all of the activities and securing the interview in the first place. What are you going to earn from just grinding the activities you've done in the past few months (maybe even years) over again? It's just a waste of time. Use those days to relax and calm down.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by vnayak
Prepare your personal statement well. Know your stuff in Physics, Electronics, Maths etc. (I'm not sure what they will ask you since my interview was for CS and it's more clear cut what they can ask).

Be passionate

Don't over prepare to the point of robotic answers - they want to see what you are like as a person, not how easy it is to memorise answers.

and finally, as stupid as this sounds, do absolutely no work when there is 2 or 3 days before your interview. Think about it, you've done the hard part of doing all of the activities and securing the interview in the first place. What are you going to earn from just grinding the activities you've done in the past few months (maybe even years) over again? It's just a waste of time. Use those days to relax and calm down.
Hi, I'm just curious since you are on a lot of these threads, are you associated with imperial?
Reply 3
Original post by vnayak

Be passionate

Ahh thank you so much for your advice!! I’ll be sure to update you on how it goes.. 😭😭
Reply 4
Original post by Will45663
Hi, I'm just curious since you are on a lot of these threads, are you associated with imperial?
Nope! Just someone looking to help other applicants....
Reply 5
Original post by meliodas89
Ahh thank you so much for your advice!! I’ll be sure to update you on how it goes.. 😭😭
No problem. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by vnayak
Nope! Just someone looking to help other applicants....
Thank you, I appreciate your inputs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending