The Student Room Group

Oxford ODID/MPhil DPhil International Development 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Same here.Just got the rejection.
Original post by KB_swarup
Same here.Just got the rejection.
may I ask what previous education/ experience you have? I am trying to know what they were looking for
Original post by ASMAA999
may I ask what previous education/ experience you have? I am trying to know what they were looking for

Hi everyone! Popping into this trail as I was also rejected a couple of days ago (got an email but not showing on the application portal). In terms of academic / professional background I hold a research focused masters (2 year program) and an honours bachelors from the same public university ranking within the top 25 overall globally. I maintained a nearly perfect cGPA in my masters while my bachelors wasn’t quite as great. I’ve worked as a researcher / research assistant and assisted and lectured in a few bachelors courses. I’ve conducted international field research, presented in a good number of conferences, and have multiple peer reviewed publishings. I held multiple student leadership positions and organized a major multi-day academic event and student-led journal. I also work full time in a related field and have been for most of my masters (but was hoping not to in my PhD).

My references all thought my application was strong but it seems like many people are now turning to taking on another masters. Which, if I don’t get into one of the programs I applied to this year, I will likely pursue another masters despite my personal believe that it perpetuates the inaccessibility of graduate studies.
Still nothing in terms of other responses from the department? Likewise if anyone else wants to comparatively share their education / experience it would be greatly appreciated!
Got an offer for the MPhil, any other offer holders?
Reply 45
Got an offer yesterday with no funding information
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 46
Original post by WUdy11
Got an offer yesterday with no funding information and a deadline to respond by 3.29 (which is really in no time given that the funding decisions and college allocation usually arrive later)

is this for the DPhil?
Reply 47
Original post by rgvsqz
is this for the DPhil?

Yes! DPhil International Development
Reply 48
Hey! Has anyone with a DPhil offer heard anything on the funding yet? Are the results for the ESRC Grand Union DTP out?
Original post by WUdy11
Hey! Has anyone with a DPhil offer heard anything on the funding yet? Are the results for the ESRC Grand Union DTP out?

I have received an offer - no news on funding yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending