The Student Room Group
trev
Do you think AEA exams are equivalent to AP exams in America? The AP exams are kind of stretching your mind a bit from the normal courses like strechting your mind from A-levels and beyond.

Isn't that basically the definition of an AEA?

Apparently (speaking on the authority of my English teacher here, don't know for sure) American ed. is generally at a slightly lower level than British until you get to like phd standard (at which point apparently they're way harder than ours), so I guess this means that: a) the APs are likely to be easier even if equivalent, and b) the things that they're supposedly stretching you above are set slightly lower anyway.
Dunno.

Was that even what you were asking?
Reply 2
From what I've heard they're different levels really. As said above - American standards are lower than British (not downing the American system or anything).

Graduating high school is the equivalent of 5 grade-Cs at GCSE for us. (I read that on some American education website anyway - so don't blame me if it's wrong)

AP is more like A-levels, but still slightly lower I think - although I'm not sure - don't quote me on this anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending