The Student Room Group

Resits for A levels taken in 2008

Seeing as there is a new syllabus with the A* grade being introduced and all, is there any possibility does anyone know, of resitting modules taken before september 2008 ? Because I am intending to sneak into the 2009 university cycle but need to know whether I can resit them or not, as if not I will have to wait for the 2010 cycle a year later, naturally having to take on the new A level scheme. Any info is welcome. :smile:
Reply 1
yeah, loads of people in my year are retaking modules that they did in jan or june 08. you should be fine.
Reply 2
Exams under the old specifications are still available and almost all A2 exams in June will be your old spec (except maths which has both specs this summer for most boards). However, new students will mostly sit their AS exams this year under the new spec.
This means if you want to resit AS you may have to shop around to find somewhere offering the exams you need. Start making plans now, don't leave it to the last minute.
Reply 3
yeah you can if you're resitting, i don't think you can start a new subject with the old syllabus though.

any school/college which has A2 students should be doing the exams, as they'll have students who are in year 13 retaking AS units.

Latest