The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm reli confusing my B2 and B3 mocks......
Reply 41
but im pretty sure i got it now (touch wood)
Reply 42
awlright
I'm reli confusing my B2 and B3 mocks......

Right well if you want to post any from B2, I should be able to help you.
Reply 43
I also didnt really understand the dog being used in experiments question: was it the moral issues of ANY experiment or just analyse the use of dogs in the experiments into insulin that were given?
Reply 44
awlright
I also didnt really understand the dog being used in experiments question: was it the moral issues of ANY experiment or just analyse the use of dogs in the experiments into insulin that were given?

Lol I wasn't really sure about that either.

What I said was "On one hand it is cruel to animals, as we are causing pain through these experiments. However, on the other hand, it is to cure diseases so it could be said to be justified because of the outcome. In my opinion, I think the animal suffering is worth improving health in humans."

I think I maybe should have said that dogs have similar digestive systems to humans as they are mammals, but the question was quite vague.
Reply 45
Ahhhhhh, the joy of mark schemes....
AQA suck!
Their marking is sooooo specific to the mark scheme!
Reply 46
my teacher said that i dont think you can just say cruel or unethical on its own :s-smilie:
you have to elaborate a bit

but yeah, i said that we can see certain outcomes of the experiments, but the dog migfht react differently to humans
Reply 47
cheers guys.....
Reply 48
awlright
cheers guys.....

np dude
awlright
I reli screwed up.
Phys: 23/45
Bio:20/45
Chem:18/45

I'm totally off target. What should i do?!

What's worse, we didn't get a chance to go through all of the questions. Does anyone have the mark scheme so i can see where i went wrong, i think the papers were June 2008........

My teachers were pretty cheesed off......

I got a C in chemistry in the mocks.

Ended up with an A* in the real thing.

Just revise hard, do lots of past papers, etc.
Reply 50
Oh it's cool guys, my teacher is going to email me the mark scheme.......
Thank you for all your help, but i may get bak to this thread (Teachers are unrealiable buggers these days - heh)
Reply 51
Oh, by the way, wat was the actual answer to question 1..... apparently mine was wrong, i.e. i can't read
Reply 52
question 1?

the lipids?

its lipase :biggrin: lol

unless youir talking about another question :s-smilie:
Reply 53
awlright
Oh, by the way, wat was the actual answer to question 1..... apparently mine was wrong, i.e. i can't read

What was q1?
Don't worry I got:-

Physics: B
Biology: B
Chemistry: C (1 mark of a C)

and I have now gotten a copy of the specification and am working my way through it, knowing exactly what I need to learn
goats
i bet you £5 i will.

I will take on that bet

and OP: look on the bright side - at least you can learn from your mistakes, sometimes doing really well in the mocks can make you overconfident :smile: As others have said, going through the specification and past papers is really the best way to go :yep:
Reply 56
Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic, but I'm confused about something. I took two multiple choice exams for each science and then I took a written paper (June 08 I think). Now I'm doing additional in Jan and triple in June.

I'm confused because I'm not sure what the written paper I did in June was. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks.
Reply 57
Could it have been your ISA?
Reply 58
TomTom92
Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic, but I'm confused about something. I took two multiple choice exams for each science and then I took a written paper (June 08 I think). Now I'm doing additional in Jan and triple in June.

I'm confused because I'm not sure what the written paper I did in June was. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks.

the structure for AQA triple science is:

2 multiple choice tests in year 10 (25%)
then in year 11, you do:

1 written paper for each subject (P2,B2,C2) (25%) <-- in january

and

another written paper for each subject (P3,B3.C3) (25%) <-- in june

the papers above (P3,B3,C3) are only for triple award though

and yeah, the ISA is the remaining 25%
Reply 59
I've done both multiple choice, ISAs and another written paper, which was sat in the exam hall, but I still have B2 P2 C2 and B3 P3 C3 to do.

Maybe I did the multiple choices AND written papers for B1 P1 C1, idk.

Latest