The Student Room Group

UCL interview... no notcie

uh... i know im not like the most cleverest person... but ive been hoping to go to sheffield (AAB) to do law with spanish. i applied to ucl just for the hell of it (law and hispanic studies)... after getting rejected from edinburgh, i was preety much certain i'd have no chance with ucl... but then yesterday i get a letter, dated 22nd Feb... telling me i have an interview on 28th feb. what is that about? is it because other people have cancelled? i mean, i don't know what to do now. i haven't ever had an interview and don't really want one. (my friend who wants to do hist of art and spanish got grilled by ucl)... uuuh. anyone have any advice??
Reply 1
cjoc28
uh... i know im not like the most cleverest person... but ive been hoping to go to sheffield (AAB) to do law with spanish. i applied to ucl just for the hell of it (law and hispanic studies)... after getting rejected from edinburgh, i was preety much certain i'd have no chance with ucl... but then yesterday i get a letter, dated 22nd Feb... telling me i have an interview on 28th feb. what is that about? is it because other people have cancelled? i mean, i don't know what to do now. i haven't ever had an interview and don't really want one. (my friend who wants to do hist of art and spanish got grilled by ucl)... uuuh. anyone have any advice??

Go to UCL, and just see how you do in the interview. There is absolutely nothing to lose. I really enjoyed my Cambridge interviews (even if they didn't give me an offer, the buggers :smile: ), and i'm sure you will too.
cjoc28

Go to the interview, UCL is one of the top 5 Law schools in the country, Sheffield is also good but if you have a chance to go for UCL then go for it!!

As for language interviews my friend who applied for French and Philosophy only got a 15 minute interview, so if your language skills are decent you shouldnt have much of a problem.

As for not being clever...UCL clearly think enough of you to give you an interview (which they do with all language students) so don't put yourself down!

Buena Suerte!

Tess
x
Reply 3
cjoc28

go! this is law - its competitive at the moment and university/graduate students say it gets far worse - take every chance! if you're not too bothered about the outcome you can try hard and enjoy it :smile:

good luck
Emily x

oh, and hist of art/spanish might have different interviewers? maybe as future lawyers we should get used to 'grillings' though!
Reply 4
thanks for the confidence boost. i just dont know what theyre gonna ask me. i can speak spanish pretty well and know enough about the culture... its just the law stuff im worried about. i havent even done my work experience yet, and i dont know what kinda questions i'll get... im just a worrier i suppose! thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 5
cjoc28
thanks for the confidence boost. i just dont know what theyre gonna ask me. i can speak spanish pretty well and know enough about the culture... its just the law stuff im worried about. i havent even done my work experience yet, and i dont know what kinda questions i'll get... im just a worrier i suppose! thanks anyway :smile:

IMO 'why do you want to study law?' is a likely question (do other ppl agree from their interview experiences?), it might help to have your thoughts on that in order

Emily x
Reply 6
a decirte la verdad deberia ser un curso muy bueno a estudiar, y lo que es mejor es que a lo mejor yo tambien ire a ucl! Asi que espavilate y vete a la entrevista!
Reply 7
pardonez moi?
I'm waiting to hear from UCL for the same thing, but I think I should have just applied for straight law as my spanish doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment, so I hope they don't give me an interview with that short notice, although I really do want one. Do you think I should call up and try to change course or should I just wait until they reject me anyway without interview? (At least that would save me the embarassment of actually having one)
Reply 9
burberryangel
I'm waiting to hear from UCL for the same thing, but I think I should have just applied for straight law as my spanish doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment, so I hope they don't give me an interview with that short notice, although I really do want one. Do you think I should call up and try to change course or should I just wait until they reject me anyway without interview? (At least that would save me the embarassment of actually having one)

they dont like you calling them up. the postcard said that contacting them could "hinder" your chances... :eek: i hope my interview goes okay. im missing too much college recently, so it'd better not be a waste of time.

... y en cuanto a la persona que habla espanol... ¡gracias por ayudarme!
Reply 10
What do you mean no notice?

Is 4 days not enough to prepare for an interview!!!
Reply 11
burberryangel

My friend from uni is studying for an LLB European degree, and he is studying for it with French. He actually spends more of his time doing French than Law. So I'd only go ahead with the course if it was something I was serious about doing. Saying that, within my Law School at least, they are fairly flexible in allowing you to change from a LLB Euro/LLB with language to the straight LLB.
So how did the interview go what was in it???
Reply 13
cjoc28
uh... i know im not like the most cleverest person...

So apt.
Profesh
So apt.

oh just let it be... :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Meanies. Heheh

Latest

Trending

Trending