The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Economics101
All these kids are getting happy about a snow day..

Dont they understand that real students actually have to study? :frown:

I have two lectures two hour lectures today and a one hour class to boot! WTF should i do? Stay home? Go sleep? Go uni? :s-smilie:

exactly!..luckily i cant see a single drop of snow in Exeter
Reply 21
One of my tutorials have been cancelled due to the guy being inable to get his way in, now Im hoping for the same for the rest of the lectures!
Reply 22
easy_lemon
Ah methinks that you normally have the joys of Professor Penner too? :biggrin:

I presume that the early lectures and classes will be cancelled and if the transport starts working later then afternoon classes will be on, just keep watching tfl tbh...

I doubt any of my other lecturers will send me a nice happy email and I'll have to walk through the snow to class only to be told that my journey was pointless :p:

Penner scares me a bit :s Got chambers

I've got a possession seminar for the 6000 word dissertation you've got to look forward to in 2nd year with Chambers at 1, I sort of want our public lecture to be on though just to meet up with everyone :biggrin:
LSE's shut today, in case any LSE students are wondering- they just sent an email round saying teaching is cancelled today, and they gonna review da situation for tomorrow.
Reply 24
easy_lemon
Ah methinks that you normally have the joys of Professor Penner too? :biggrin:

I presume that the early lectures and classes will be cancelled and if the transport starts working later then afternoon classes will be on, just keep watching tfl tbh...

I doubt any of my other lecturers will send me a nice happy email and I'll have to walk through the snow to class only to be told that my journey was pointless :p:

Most annoying thing ever. It happens all the time - I travel 1hr 30mins for a 1hr lecture, only to find out its cancelled once I get there. Thats 3 hours of the day wasted as well as travel costs! :mad:
Reply 25
My department is shut. - I'm pretty sure all of Imperial is closed, actually.
Reply 26
Brighton And Sussex Are Closed
Reply 27
ashy
My department is shut.

Joker. You got an email too?

I'm just gonna miss the morning lecture and see if anything comes up by the afternoon.
Reply 28
m:)ckel
Joker. You got an email too?

I'm just gonna miss the morning lecture and see if anything comes up by the afternoon.

I did indeed :biggrin: The department is actually closed, though. They probably won't change their minds half way through the day - the snow isn't going to go away today.
FireDeuce
I think that's wishful thinking :biggrin:

Yeah, true :yep:. But if it looks like it does down here then I doubt many people are going to get in today.
Reply 30
cats_have_teats

Thank you for clarifying! I had been told by someone but hadn't recieved any email so was in two minds wherter to go or not!
Reply 31
ashy
I did indeed :biggrin: The department is actually closed, though. They probably won't change their minds half way through the day - the snow isn't going to go away today.

I mean, you got an email as well as that other guy in the thread who does Chem.

I haven't heard anything from my dept yet.
My sister has just gone for an interview at Kings College London, considering all the delays on buses/tubes/rail its unfair they didn't cancel it or something..
Reply 33
m:)ckel
I mean, you got an email as well as that other guy in the thread who does Chem.

I haven't heard anything from my dept yet.

Yes.

"Due to the difficulties being faced by many staff in travelling to work, and the consequent potential lack of safety cover, the Dept will be closed today. This means no formal teaching activities or departmental meetings will take place. "
Reply 34
I've got a GP placement today as part of uni, now how the hell and I supposed to get from merry old Sidcup in Kent to Hammersmith without buses or trains!?
Reply 35
cats_have_teats

YAY!!! Snow day! awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 36
cats_have_teats

how sure are you about this? :eek:

i just got the email wooohoooooooo :biggrin: thanks :love:
Reply 37
Mine were cancelled, most at IC I think
Economics101
All these kids are getting happy about a snow day..

Dont they understand that real students actually have to study? :frown:

I have two lectures two hour lectures today and a one hour class to boot! WTF should i do? Stay home? Go sleep? Go uni? :s-smilie:

Oh for peace sake, it is not the end of the world. It's only bloody snow. If you cant get in, you cant bloody get in. "Real students" would just stay home and do as much as they can do there. Dont you have lecture notes? Can you not do ANYTHING uni work based at home?
I had to row today at 6am!! :eek: And Oxford is still open, mostly because people cycle for a couple of minutes, then they're already at lectures.

Latest

Trending

Trending