The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Red Nose Day Thread

Today is Comic Relief, the day where people do the strangest, the funniest and the downright stupidest things in the name of charity

Have you been up to anything? Have you raised some money?

We'd like you to share with us what you've been up to and how much you've raised.

Feel free to upload your pictures and videos here

Links to some other Comic Relief discussions:
Jokes for Comic Relief!!
Let’s Dance for Comic Relief
The Saturdays comic relief video
Comic Relief does the Apprentice

Scroll to see replies

I'll kick this one off...

raised £280 holding a cocktail party with out chemistry society where all profits went to Children in need.
A friend of ours did 24 horus silence and raised a further £180
various collections we've been running all week currently is about £140

and in the even t we raised £500 a friend of mine who has the worst bed hair EVER, was willing for us to shave his head with a razor and use face paint on his head to pain it red, we are using this opportunity to turn him into the anti re-nose where his entire head and face are painted except for his nose.

will bring photos and such other stuff later
Reply 2
Absolutely nothing :frown:
Mr Snips
Absolutely nothing :frown:

I didn't go to school because I didn't want to wear read. :redface:
Reply 4
Our 6th form were supposed to fress up as super-heros for the day to raise some money.

I didn't have a superhero costume, but I didn't want to be the only one not dressed up, so I wore my Aphrodite costume. She was a hero of sorts.

Turns out around 1/5th of the 6th form actually dressed up :\

losers.
Reply 5
I updated the picture on TSR homepage with a Comic Relief version:

I got a t-shirt (the morcombe and wise one) which i'm wearing today :smile:
The t-shirts are really excellent I think, only a tenner, organic cotton and good fit. the TK Max near the TSR offices in Brighton was all out of mediums and no Beatle designs. So I went for the small....If you can't wear an itty bitty t-shirt that shows off your nipples on comic relief day when can you! :yep:

Anyone doing fundraising today for Comic Relief that has an online Just Giving type page for collecting the dosh, you can link to it from this thread.
Reply 6
Not this year, but when my Dad ran a bakery and did the deliveries in the mornings, he filled his wellies with red jelly for Comic Relief :biggrin:

Our college isn't doing anything for Red Nose Day, but I'm wearing a red t-shirt as a bit of festivity! The head of sixth form prefers to donate the money we raise to smaller charities, where £1000 will mean a hell of a lot, instead of just a tiny proportion of the Comic Relief money. Obviously it's a very worthy cause, but it has its own day when everyone raises money for it, so we give to local charities who don't make as much.
Reply 7
So, whilst the rest of this (in)sane country takes today as a day to dress up, get sponsored and generally be merry, I have decided that since I cannot do any of this (during the day) I will do something else for Comic Relief... I'll donate all of my profits from today's binary bets to the cause. Currently that profit stands at £58.37, and since this is Friday It's usually a good day on the exchange - let's hope... :tongue:

So, is anybody else doing something similar, rather than the usual (fun) things?
Reply 8
daniel_williams
a friend of mine who has the worst bed hair EVER, was willing for us to shave his head with a razor and use face paint on his head to pain it red, we are using this opportunity to turn him into the anti re-nose where his entire head and face are painted except for his nose.

will bring photos and such other stuff later

Definately want to see photos of this!!
Reply 9
This morning I saw a girl on the bus going to school in her pyjamas and holding a teddy bear.
Reply 10
Spend last night baking shortbread and cakes for my Duke of Edinburgh gold award, so selling them today!

They look yummmy though.
There's a guy here (one of the support staff) that's walking around in tights, a tutu and the tightest t-shirt you could ever imagine. I do hope it's for comic relief.

P.S. I did donate earlier :proud:
Reply 12
I got a teeshirt, the beatles one. it's comfy!
Reply 13
v-zero
So, whilst the rest of this (in)sane country takes today as a day to dress up, get sponsored and generally be merry, I have decided that since I cannot do any of this (during the day) I will do something else for Comic Relief... I'll donate all of my profits from today's binary bets to the cause. Currently that profit stands at £58.37, and since this is Friday It's usually a good day on the exchange - let's hope... :tongue:

So, is anybody else doing something similar, rather than the usual (fun) things?

Comic Relief, dahhhling
Reply 14
I've been on a trip and didn't even realise it was red nose day
I just did 10KM on the bike at sainsburys, we are going from lands end to john of groats in a week, 1350KM, dunno how much we've raised so far but apparently we've sold the most red noses in our area :smile:

I did see a lad from a local school dressed up as one of the Teenage ninja turtles, dunno it's name but the one with orange and the sticks, was a pretty good costume
Reply 16
I've never heard of comic relief day (probably because I live in Canada). It sound really cool, though! Keep up the good work, guys! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I was watching this once and a guy said that he was w*****g for charity. Little did i know what this meant, so i had to ask my sister..haha
Dying my pubes red.
Reply 19
Bought the three red noses.

Latest

Trending

Trending