The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm in London five days a week. It's ok, I guess. Just a big city...
Reply 61
All the people who are saying it's very rude... when I visited I found that lots of people were really helpful and friendly. I'm sure that they're not always like that, but at the same time I reckon you'll be able to find someone to help you if you need directions or something.

I don't really know London well enough to answer the poll; I've seen three days worth of it. However, I think September's going to be amazing. :biggrin:
yes- for some strange reason i genuinely love the tube.
Reply 63
Bubbles*de*Milo
I :love: London.
The people, the atmosphere, the nightlife, the daylife, the oyster, the transport, the crappy areas, the nice areas, the Arab areas, Chinatown, the dodgy man on Oxford street, the Londonpaper, the London Lite, icecream from Hyde Park, skating in Queens Way, 'exercise' at Queens Park and the crappy kids swimming pool, the patisseries in Marylebone, the Tescos on the corner, the Cinema on Marble Arch, the fact that I can get Shawarma anywhere in the city, the beautiful diversity of people but still all Londoners, Maroush, the dealers trying to sell to you on Soho, the clubs, the lights, the pollution, the attitude. I love everything about this city.
Maybe it's because I'm just 19, but I can't imagine living anywhere else as happily.

:love:
Reply 64
I love London :london:
CCK
Dulwich is in South London and is a very pleasant place, has a huge park and good transport links, and also doesn't suffer the same social problems as surrounding areas like Brixton, Peckham and Lewisham. Even then it's only certain parts of those areas which are unpleasant.

Best mate lives in East Dulwich/Peckham rye, never had any trouble.
Reply 66
loafer
getting drunk in the middle of a sunny day in green park and watching everyone going about their work, rollerblading in kensington gardens when its really hot. i think all of us have been on at least one date involving the boats on the serpentine, small french patisseries in south ken, hot french girls from the lycée, sunday brunch in a westbourne grove bistro, climbing over the gates to get out of the parks once they have been locked at night, maroush juice on kensington high street, sitting in the sun outside a pub in kensington, chelsea or fulham, those annoying people selling roses in the west end at night, all day house parties in holland park, getting out of town to the continent or the country to avoid carnival, football and volleyball in hyde park on the grass, watching those people playing rollerhockey near the albert hall, spending a boiling day chilling with friends and going clubbing, walking home with people just going to work in the morning...

:h: i lub london in the summer :love:

got all sentimental there haha

House parties or restaurant/club parties virtually every weekend :biggrin:. I love the Notting Hill Carnival personally, shopping centres everywhere, big commercial places like Oxford Street and Westfield, small quirky independent retailers for that exclusive garment that none of your friends have. Being able to see the skyline from any peak and being able see the Canary Wharf Towers, the Thames, St. Pauls, Wembley Stadium, the spherical thing at Wandsworth. Finding a good market to shop at, using the cheap-ish Thames ferry to get across town instead of the bus. Playing sports at Osterley Park, ice skating outside Liverpool Street station, bulldozing through shoppers and free paper distributors alike at Oxford Circus. Bumbling along Brick Lane or even going to see a show at the Apollo is great. There's loads of stuff to do, still not bored and I'm not sure I will be anytime soon :woo:.

For those who think everyone in London is cold and plastic, try Zone 1 at 3am on a Saturday or a Sunday - everyone is so much merrier then :biggrin:.
Reply 67
CCK
House parties or restaurant/club parties virtually every weekend :biggrin:. I love the Notting Hill Carnival personally, shopping centres everywhere, big commercial places like Oxford Street and Westfield, small quirky independent retailers for that exclusive garment that none of your friends have. Being able to see the skyline from any peak and being able see the Canary Wharf Towers, the Thames, St. Pauls, Wembley Stadium, the spherical thing at Wandsworth. Finding a good market to shop at, using the cheap-ish Thames ferry to get across town instead of the bus. Playing sports at Osterley Park, ice skating outside Liverpool Street station, bulldozing through shoppers and free paper distributors alike at Oxford Circus. Bumbling along Brick Lane or even going to see a show at the Apollo is great. There's loads of stuff to do, still not bored and I'm not sure I will be anytime soon :woo:.

For those who think everyone in London is cold and plastic, try Zone 1 at 3am on a Saturday or a Sunday - everyone is so much merrier then :biggrin:.

I can see it from my window. :woo:
Reply 68
as long as i'm living in england, i'll be living in london.
Oh god, if you go to the top of new cross (telegraph hill is it called, i can't remember) you have the most incredible view of the London eye.
Reply 70
im one of those who love it. prob the best city in the world
Reply 71
London is amazing.

When i was younger I lived right by Hyde Park, and it was heaven! Footie in the park :tongue:

I lived in South Kensington, presumably the "french area" in London, which was quite true, half of the people you came across spoke french!

Anyway, London is an amazing place to live in, as expensive as it gets.
Reply 72
no, too busy and anooying....

cause ima country girl.....
lol
It's in England therefore no, i don't.
No. To much noise. And I hate the way it seems to go own for ever.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't like to live in a city say like Belfast - hey at least with Belfast 20 mins takes you out into the countryside and the good old fresh air - 20 mins in London just takes you to more buildings and streets.
Reply 75
Despite living here for 4 years, I feel like I don't know the place well enough. I love what I've experienced of it, though. You won't get lovely wine from a lovely man on a train anywhere else. Looking forward to turning 18 and having a couple of chums to roam the city with.
Reply 76
kittycallsross
No. To much noise. And I hate the way it seems to go own for ever.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't like to live in a city say like Belfast - hey at least with Belfast 20 mins takes you out into the countryside and the good old fresh air - 20 mins in London just takes you to more buildings and streets.

^^ well said. Buildings and traffic, one of the themes of London.
It's home, I love it.
Reply 78
not particuarly.
"When a man tires of London, he tires of life."
Ben Jonson

Latest

Trending

Trending