The Student Room Group

Do you like London?

Poll

Do you like London?

Just a really general question for everyone, but I was wondering how many users here genuinely like London - its atmosphere, social scene, housing, etc.

I've put up a poll for those who can't be bothered to explain why :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

:heart: London!
I love London. I could be happy in any large city, but London moreso.
Reply 3
Nope
I grew up near London and I love it so much, even the slightly crappier bits. There's always something going on and I guess I am just mesmerised by all the activity. And I must be the only person alive who loves the Tube! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I was born here, I live here and am staying here for uni, so yes, you could say I love it.
Reply 6
Nope. Too big. Too expensive.
Reply 7
I live near liverpool and went to london for university before dropping out (not becuase of the city) and It is very comparible to Liverpool which has over the years become a stunning city. I wouldnt want to live there because I like to live in the country side like I do now but it is absolutely fantastic to visit for nights out etc.It is probably much better than your average city because although imo it is comparible to Liverpool (centre), obviously its had some serious refurbishment going on so should be nicer than most.

Great city, would reccomend london to any :smile:

hope I helped.
Reply 8
I have never lived in London, I have always lived elsewhere, but everytime I visit London, I just love it. The fact that you can get an Oyster card, and literally travel all over London with just that card, extremely pleases me.

<3 London
Reply 9
It's okay, but it's not a patch on many other capitals, and NYC.
I love it, my most favorite place to live tbh
Zkop
I have never lived in London, I have always lived elsewhere, but everytime I visit London, I just love it. The fact that you can get an Oyster card, and literally travel all over London with just that card, extremely pleases me.

<3 London

Hehe, I love the Oyster system too! In the summer, my brother and I are going to try and get through all the Tube stations in a day. Wacky Races Tube styleee!!!
Reply 12
Not the centre. Too busy and such, hate it (no one smiles!!). But the less busier bits are fine. Although I don't like towns and such, so I don't tend to like outskirts of anywhere either. I live in Bristol, a small city, so I like that kind of a setting. Near the centre of a small city. =D Used to it, I guess.

Ooh and I'm going to the Science Museum in London soon, I like visiting. =D Interesting for that, as with all capital cities really. Oh yeah, I totally wish that other places were in control of their transport like London, oyster cards ARE great. Although I dislike public transport.. where I usually go in London, I'm usually made to go on buses at least to get everywhere and I hate buses [sobs]. I love walking, in London I don't seem to walk much..
Lived there a couple of times, and I'm going to go there for uni. It's alright - at first it's really fun and there's loads to do, but after a while it's just loud, expensive and overcrowded. But it's an experience!
Reply 14
I adore London. I lived there (or at least visited on alternative weekends) until I was 12. It's really weird going from this environment where there's always stuff on, or people walking past your window or something, to a place where everything stops after about 9pm!
Reply 15
I'm going to work there next year, and I don't really like it. Yes, it has lots of things that other cities don't, but I don't like the extra expense, the rudeness of the people, the assumption that nothing important happens outside London, the lack of countryside, the drivers, the Tube in rush hour...

That said, I do wish we had something like Oyster on the bus in Cambridge, it's so much more efficient.
I love London!
The architecture. The culture. The atmosphere. The hustle and bustle...
Reply 17
Helenia
I'm going to work there next year, and I don't really like it. Yes, it has lots of things that other cities don't, but I don't like the extra expense, the rudeness of the people, the assumption that nothing important happens outside London, the lack of countryside, the drivers, the Tube in rush hour...

That said, I do wish we had something like Oyster on the bus in Cambridge, it's so much more efficient.

:lolwut: people live outside london?
Chenla
It's okay, but it's not a patch on many other capitals, and NYC.

What you been sniffing? :s-smilie:
Reply 19
KING MONKEY
What you been sniffing? :s-smilie:

How many capital cities have you lived in? I've lived in three, and spent months at a time in a couple of others. NYC is better for pretty much everything except oddball fashion, Berlin and Paris have better night life and people, Tokyo is a lot more fun, if a little difficult to crack. How much experience do you have? Or was that a post out of ignorance, simply because you disagree? People on this island tend to think things are a lot better here than they really are.

Latest

Trending

Trending