The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Love it.
I don't live in London but spend quite a bit of time there.
Reply 121
I absolutely love London!
Sometimes I absolutely love it, sometimes I don't think it's worth the hype and extra expense. Most of the time I don't think I do anything here that I couldn't do in any other large town or city, but then there are those special moments when Ithink 'wow, I really couldn't be anywhere else right now.' I'm glad I went to university here so I could experience it, but I really miss the countryside. I'm a country girl at heart and I never thought I'd say that!
you get these people at university whose entire identity is them being from landan, and how much better their lives have been than yours. "landan this, landan that, when i get back to landan daddy will pick me up because i can't be dragging my suitcase around such-and-such-a-station"
funny thing about london, particularly the immeadiate outskirts, is that rich people and poor people live very close together. you get these beautiful georgian houses opposite ugly council high-rises
Reply 125
i live in london. i quite like it.. it a nice place. nice nightlife.. ect
Reply 126
adamdivine
you get these people at university whose entire identity is them being from landan, and how much better their lives have been than yours. "landan this, landan that, when i get back to landan daddy will pick me up because i can't be dragging my suitcase around such-and-such-a-station"

^^

Another good point. So many young, particularly teenage 'Londoners' have been brought up in London and London only and have become so accustomed to the way of life here, where they think everything in the world revolves around London. God help them when they eventually go to another place for a 'bit' if they can manage it.

Latest

Trending

Trending