The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
some people can dress a bit chavvy or do the stereotypical chavvy things, like loud music and stuff but still be lovely people. i think there should be a marked difference between people who look like the stereotype and are nice and the actual louty people who are antisocial and break laws... there the only people we have the right to look down on.
charla
One asked whether I was asthmatic before using her hairspray when I was at a bus stop.

really? thats well nice... unless she was gonna use it more if she found out u were asthmatic lol
Reply 22
aliphatic
Haha yeah, some idiot I was with threw a lighter a bunch of chavs (I'm talking about 30 or 40 here), and I was foolish enough to say 'leave her alone' and then I got the blame for the whole situation. The extent of their verbal argument was pretty much 'oi you goffik nob' so I'm afraid their fists took the better of them when they realised how lame their arguments actually were.

I was pretty shocked at the time that the lads were physically violent towards me too, but there you go - it was Year 10 and I was pretty naive.

They're bastards aint they?

Off-topic I know but are you going to the English open day at leicester on wednesday? =P
Reply 23
they are so rude, had one on the bus go on a massive rant.. most of it along the lines of 'get out of my country' I sat back and told her to make me, always winds them up:tongue:
trainfarequestion
really? thats well nice... unless she was gonna use it more if she found out u were asthmatic lol

She did use it, but went a bit further away. I admit that is quite nice, just a shame the rest of them round here are annoying as hell.
I once said to a chav 'allow your mother'......he tried to beat me up but couldn't.
Reply 26
halbeth
They're bastards aint they?

Off-topic I know but are you going to the English open day at leicester on wednesday? =P

They can be at times yeah! Luckily, at sixth form the people who I would have once just dismissed as 'chavs' because of their dress sense/music tastes etc., go completely against the grain of what I once thought. The horrible people have pretty much been filtered out in the transition from school to sixth form, thank God!

Andddd, aww no sorry I went on the 25th of Feb and it was good apart from no one talked to me! :frown: I hope you like the Uni, though!
Reply 27
When you say experience with chav are you assuming that ALL experiences with chavs are bad, as your example would suggest. Sort your head out.
This "chav" would find himself in one's workhouse, if he existing during one's reign.
Reply 29
I think the meaning of Chavs has changed since I was at school as when I was there it meant a pretty harmless wannabe WAG / footballer etc. who wore lots of designer brands now it seems to mean scum from council estates so from the latter explaination yes I have had a few run in's with those type of people when I was 15-16 due to them not liking me for not being like them!
A few years ago three of us were walking back from school and were confronted by about 12 chavs. They went through our bags/ pockets but we didn't have anything worth nicking, which irritated them a bit. Things looked like they might get nasty when they started threatening us with knives (:eek:), but we were spotted by an off duty police officer who was driving by. The chavs ran off as they saw this seven-foot-built-like-a-****house guy get out of his car, but he managed to grab one of them! Five minutes later the uniformed fuzz were on the scene and the chav ended up with a juvenile prison (which it turns out he'd only just been released from).

About a week later I was at home on my own, and a burglar managed to break in (silently- I only heard him when he was coming up the stairs!). Pretty scary, but luckily he scarpered when he saw me. Not so much a run in with a chav, but it meant I had to give two police statements in two weeks!
Reply 31
A bunch of them tried to set my book on fire whilst I was reading on the bus. I ignored them and they burnt their hands and got kicked off the bus. That's karma for you.
Reply 32
aliphatic
They can be at times yeah! Luckily, at sixth form the people who I would have once just dismissed as 'chavs' because of their dress sense/music tastes etc., go completely against the grain of what I once thought. The horrible people have pretty much been filtered out in the transition from school to sixth form, thank God!

Andddd, aww no sorry I went on the 25th of Feb and it was good apart from no one talked to me! :frown: I hope you like the Uni, though!

Yeah it's been the same for me, although the ones that did **** to me I don't know. The ones at my school were all aware I have family members in the police force and I wouldn't hesitate to have them arrested ><
Cj-Tj
Yes, Ive found 90% of them to be good at heart. Ive worked with them for years and once they accept you as not looking down on them, and can see that you work just as hard, if not harder than they do they are fine. Will do a good days work for a good days pay. Misconceptions and generalisations are on the whole wrong once you know them as people rather than just "chavs"

Well said :smile:
no cactus kid, i'd say 10% of them are good at heart, if that.
you do know they spend their time masterbating, drinking, smoking, doing drugs, perving at girls, and reading the daily star?
Reply 35
Got into a few scraps with some chavs. one time a chav flicked cigarette ash on me as he walked by, he got a thump, another time when walking home with my sister, a chav called her a effing slut, he got a punch too

absolutely no need for it at all, and they expect to get away with it too?!!?
thecdon
Got into a few scraps with some chavs. one time a chav flicked cigarette ash on me as he walked by, he got a thump, another time when walking home with my sister, a chav called her a effing slut, he got a punch too

absolutely no need for it at all, and they expect to get away with it too?!!?

was the chav that insulted ur sister a guy or a girl?
Reply 37
halbeth
Yeah it's been the same for me, although the ones that did **** to me I don't know. The ones at my school were all aware I have family members in the police force and I wouldn't hesitate to have them arrested ><

Arrghh, that's so annoying. It makes me so angry when people are like that, especially when there's nothing you can do about it. Luckily I ran into a Boots security guard and he was like 'WOAHHHH GIRLIE' and tackled one of the lads to the floor, which was pretty amusing... but what happened pretty much shattered my confidence for a little while!
A chav came to my front door today, rang the doorbell - asked for my number.
I'm like: "I ******* LIVE here, why would you need my number? You can see where I live! And the answer is no". Then shut the door in his face. :rolleyes:
Reply 39
They're pretty pleasant and helpful in Liverpool.

Latest

Trending

Trending