The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neha chakravarty
Yeah, I know it is an unusual choice! Hopefully it'll be interesting :smile:

Anyway, are you done with rest of the formalities? I mean are you planning to pay an advance on your rent so that you can show it in your visa process? Honestly, It's quite nerve wrecking! I'm all over the place, arranging finances, paper work, endless waiting.. blah blah.. How are you coping with it?

You know what, I'm still not done with me final year exams, which get done next week. And I also have offers from Nottingham and Edinburgh, so if I get scholarships, I may even go there. But I'm more or less certain it's LSE. So I'm going to start with the finances in May. I don't know if I can pay the rent early, because I'm still waiting on them to tell me how much exactly it'll cost. I don't really mind the paper work, I applied to 12 Unis by myself :P Let me know if you need any help whatsoever :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I got an offer from Passfield!

I think it's the best cuz (a) its close to everything, you can walk to school, clubs, pubs, the shops, theatres, euston and kings cross. Its similar to roseberry, but if I live at roseberry, I'd have to take the bus to school, and that's a pain and a lot of dolla. Passfield is also (b) catered. I also like Passfield because it has a nice (c) garden.
Reply 3342
Original post by SP96
Just accepted the offer for Bankside, anyone else accepted too? Only chose it for the social, rest doesn't really bother me

I accepted my offer for Bankside too :smile: What kinda room did u get? I got a single
Original post by kaptein_hook

I think it's the best cuz (a) its close to everything, you can walk to school, clubs, pubs, the shops, theatres, euston and kings cross. Its similar to roseberry, but if I live at roseberry, I'd have to take the bus to school, and that's a pain and a lot of dolla. Passfield is also (b) catered. I also like Passfield because it has a nice (c) garden.

nice try Passfield's Director of Marketing....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaptein_hook

I live in Rosebery and I think I've taken the bus twice, maybe 3 times.
Reply 3345
Original post by Vlsqbb
I accepted my offer for Bankside too :smile: What kinda room did u get? I got a single

Me too :biggrin::biggrin: Getting excited for uni now
Hi! Would anyone know how the lower ground floor rooms in Lilian Knowles are? What do they mean by limited view? Also, how is Lilian Knowles as a hall overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3347
Original post by SP96
Me too :biggrin::biggrin: Getting excited for uni now

Haha yea im pretty stoked for uni as well. What course are u doing? Only thing about Bankside is its a bit of a walk, but I dont mind that :biggrin:
Have an accommodation offer at Butler's Wharf. How is this place?
Original post by hurluberlu
Submitted my application for accommodation on March 30th. Still haven't heard back, should I be worried?

What does Hallpad say when you log in?
Original post by hurluberlu
Hm, it just says submitted

No, you don't need to be worried. You must have pulled out one of the lowest numbers in the Lottery so you would be one of the last ones to hear. However, it does say that the Lottery works on a two week basis. It might be worth an email to the Accommodation Office - [email protected]
Hey guys.

I got an offer for a High Holborn single a while back. My main concern though was the social life. Does anyone know how it compares to the other halls? And if anyone might be interested in a swap for Bankside or Rosberry.

Thanks!
Hi there,

I got an offer (couple) for rosebery hall but the contracted stated the type of accommodation as "shared (38wks)" any idea if this implies ensuite or shared facilities? Or do i have to wait till the contract is out in Aug before i know?

Thank you!
Hey guys,

I've just received an offer for a Bankside room and in my Hallpad offer it merely states "Single" for room type. Does this imply shared toilet facilities? I had previously applied for single ensuite.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Original post by nicole96
Hey guys,

I've just received an offer for a Bankside room and in my Hallpad offer it merely states "Single" for room type. Does this imply shared toilet facilities? I had previously applied for single ensuite.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes but as far as I can tell, you will only be sharing with one other room so it is kind of an ensuite. Your room will cost around £200 a week.
Reply 3355
Original post by Vlsqbb
Haha yea im pretty stoked for uni as well. What course are u doing? Only thing about Bankside is its a bit of a walk, but I dont mind that :biggrin:

Philosophy and Economics, what about you?

Yeah also the area around Bankside is a bit touristy, but I think we'll cope. Walking distance from Fabric :biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3356
Original post by SP96
Philosophy and Economics, what about you?

Yeah also the area around Bankside is a bit touristy, but I think we'll cope. Walking distance from Fabric :biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Math and Economics :biggrin:
haha yes i did read that it was walking distance to Fabric. Shld be mega awesome hehehe.
Reply 3357
if you're going to be a first year undergraduate in september does anyone know whether you're meant to put 0 or 1 "Year of study at lse" on the hallpad application?

I filled in 0 as my year of study and submitted it on the 8th April. So I just wanted to check whether 0 or 1 was the correct "year of study" for me as it has now been over 28 days since I applied and i'm a bit worried :/
Original post by rapchur
Hi there,

I got an offer (couple) for rosebery hall but the contracted stated the type of accommodation as "shared (38wks)" any idea if this implies ensuite or shared facilities? Or do i have to wait till the contract is out in Aug before i know?

Thank you!
some people got emailed, you could email them? I got rosebery too 😎

Original post by amw101
if you're going to be a first year undergraduate in september does anyone know whether you're meant to put 0 or 1 "Year of study at lse" on the hallpad application?

I filled in 0 as my year of study and submitted it on the 8th April. So I just wanted to check whether 0 or 1 was the correct "year of study" for me as it has now been over 28 days since I applied and i'm a bit worried :/

Yeah I put 0 that's right
i wrote 0/1 to be on the safe side. I hope they got it.

Latest

Trending

Trending