The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

zoomzoomzoom
Does anyone want to swap a single in High Holborn for a single in Bankside or Northumberland?

I might possibly ... I got a single at Bankside and my 1st choice was HH ... Why dont you want High Holborn anyway?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 581
ninety_nine
I applied for CS, Rosebury and Bankside. I ended up with Butler's Wharf. I am absolutely fuming (to the point where I'm considering asking Manchester if they'll accept me even though I declined them), since the main criteria for me was a sociable halls yet I've been put in one that's mainly postgraduates. Anyway, if anyone wants to swap PM me!

Don't switch from LSE to Manchester simply because of accommodation; you will be able to swap with someone in September if you so desire.
lycheeloves
I might possibly ... I got a single at Bankside and my 1st choice was HH ... Why dont you want High Holborn anyway?

I don't mind it, it's just a little expensive for me and Bankside was my first choice. Why didn't LSE just give me Bankisde and you HH in the first place, lol. I've sent you a message!
omg......... i got butler wharf which is out of my choices. is it possible to appeal?
Reply 584
edward27
Having not applied for accommodation (haven't received my offer pack yet) I am really worried, scared even of having to stay at somewhere I didn't want to or having to share with someone...

u can aonly apply for accommodation after recieving the offer pack? can i apply before firming LSE?
Reply 585
meteorite
u can aonly apply for accommodation after recieving the offer pack? can i apply before firming LSE?

yes, you can
Reply 586
rick89
yes, you can

Do i apply through online or after recieving the offer pack? ty
anyone know if its possible to apply before actually receiving an offer?
Beef_Eater
anyone know if its possible to apply before actually receiving an offer?

You can only apply once you have your LSE student number. Seriously, when you apply doesn't seem to make any real difference.
Reply 589
meteorite
Do i apply through online or after recieving the offer pack? ty

you'll need the LSE student number (found in the offer pack) to apply online. you can call lse's admission office to ask for the number it takes too long for the pack to arrive
Reply 590
sad core
omg......... i got butler wharf which is out of my choices. is it possible to appeal?

I tried that because I got Butler's Wharf too but they said they can't now give you somewhere else because it's unfair on other applicants :frown: although I have visited it and its quite nice. It's just the postgrad thing that puts me off really. And the fact it's quite far.
jessieb*
I tried that because I got Butler's Wharf too but they said they can't now give you somewhere else because it's unfair on other applicants :frown: although I have visited it and its quite nice. It's just the postgrad thing that puts me off really. And the fact it's quite far.

yeah, we share the same thoughts. It seems we just have to adapt to it and be strong,hehe :woo: . Nice to meet you, and what course are you doing?
I'm going to have to accept an accommodation which i really don't want to accept in case i'm homeless next year!!!

anyone know, how do we accept our accommodation offer?
Reply 593
mathconomist
I'm going to have to accept an accommodation which i really don't want to accept in case i'm homeless next year!!!

anyone know, how do we accept our accommodation offer?

There should probably be a link in your e-mail.
Reply 594
I've been watching this thread and it seems like the allocation is completely random - I guess they meant it when they said it was a lottery.

Anyway at first I was a little upset with my offer (I got offered a twin in Bankside) but now I've realised I was one of the lucky ones since I at least got my third preference. So I have decided I am just going to be grateful I even got an offer at all so soon and especially in Bankside! :woo:

To all those who didn't get anything remotely resembling their preferences - bad luck but hang in there as there might be chances to swap at the beginning of term (one of my friends who went last year managed to swap) and as I keep getting told (:rolleyes:), keep in mind that 'Accommodation is what you make of it'.
anyone been successfaul in swapping a twin for single?
mathconomist
anyone been successfaul in swapping a twin for single?

I'm sure people would swap with you if you had CS or Rosebury, but a lot of people seem really touchy about having their own living space. What did you get out of curiousity?
Hellooo

Ive just received an offer for a twin at Roseberry Hall, which im a bit upset about really because i really want a single. I'm not sure what i'm going to do but do you think anyone would be interested in swapping for a single at:
rosberry hall
carr saunders
commonwealth hall,
canterbury hall or
hughes parry?

I think this whole lottery thing is a load of rubbish, sure its not fair on others to allow us to get whatever room we want, but at the same time its not fair on us as we didn't ask to be lumped in a double!!!!

also pleasee could anyone who currently lives in rosberry put up some pictures of a double room up so i can see what it will be like?

thankss : )
fizzandcop
Hellooo

Ive just received an offer for a twin at Roseberry Hall, which im a bit upset about really because i really want a single. I'm not sure what i'm going to do but do you think anyone would be interested in swapping for a single at:
rosberry hall
carr saunders
commonwealth hall,
canterbury hall or
hughes parry?

I think this whole lottery thing is a load of rubbish, sure its not fair on others to allow us to get whatever room we want, but at the same time its not fair on us as we didn't ask to be lumped in a double!!!!

also pleasee could anyone who currently lives in rosberry put up some pictures of a double room up so i can see what it will be like?

thankss : )

I'm in the same situation, I have a twin, and in my application...it was so clear i wanted a single

this lottery system is an unfair system,

a fair system would be waiting for all applications to come in first, and waiting whether people would actually meet their conditions before allocating.

no matter what, many people wont get what they want, why don't they try to make more people happier with what they will get, rather than forcing something they dont want onto them?

surely they should realise envrionement of accommodation is a vital factor for academic success

no one really wants to trade for a twin room, but I might wait nearer the time to swap.
Reply 599
Does it matter when you apply?

Latest

Trending

Trending