The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
kitsune
Well... I put CS first and I got in, but people here didn't even get any of their 3 choices!!! So who knows? Btw, are you Spanish too? :p:

no
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 781
coren111
no

you really like Ibiza then? :p:
Reply 782
Does anyone know what Hughes Parry Hall, Nutford House, Commonwealth Hall and Connaught Hall are like?
I'm looking for the cheapest ones and these seem to be them. However, I don't want to compromise my uni experience by staying in a crappy, horrible place thats far away from most of the other students.
Reply 783
PolPearl
Does anyone know what Hughes Parry Hall, Nutford House, Commonwealth Hall and Connaught Hall are like?
I'm looking for the cheapest ones and these seem to be them. However, I don't want to compromise my uni experience by staying in a crappy, horrible place thats far away from most of the other students.

I read somewhere that the garden halls staff are very anal with their rules so perhaps that might guide you to the kind of supervision that you might be under. But then Hughes Parry is said to be a very alive hall in terms of its social life. Commonwealth halll is said to be a quieter place than it's fellow garden hall and also the facilities and rooms there are not as good as Hughes Parry. Not sure of Connaught though, was never in my shortlist cos I thought the pictures of the room depicts it as a small room with not much space to manoveur.
PolPearl

Location-wise they are next to UCL/SOAS, so you'll be in the heart of a lot of studenty London. They're about 15-20mins away from LSE, which is about average for LSE halls. From what I've heard the rooms/halls are nice, but they are all catered and you're put on single-sex floors (advantages/disadvantages depending on who you are).

The main thing that put me off IC's were that they're mainly the residence of King's/UCL students, and fewer LSE students. This made me worry I wouldn't feel as part of LSE life as I wanted to be, and that I'd feel somewhat left out from events (perhaps a misconception on my part though).
Reply 785
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone gone for inter-collegiate halls? They appeal to me a lot *_*
Reply 786
dorice525
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone gone for inter-collegiate halls? They appeal to me a lot *_*

I have, put them as my preference too.

College
Connaught
International.

In that order. College hall really appeals to me, might be a bit pricey but single and en-suite just seals the deal for me.
Reply 787
I've changed my entry date from 27 to 23, yeah! :biggrin:
Reply 788
El Mariachi
:woo:

I changed mine from 27th to 25th!

I actually changed it ages ago, in fact, I think I've even mentioned it like three times, but I'm mentioning it again :cool:

Actually I changed it because I knew I could change it because of your change :p:
Reply 789
El Mariachi
Hahahaha, awesome :eek3:

I reckon you should come to Rosebery instead :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure! That's why you put CS as 1st option! lol!
El Mariachi
:woo:

I changed mine from 27th to 25th!

I actually changed it ages ago, in fact, I think I've even mentioned it like three times, but I'm mentioning it again :cool:

how do you change it? And do you have to change it immediately because I applied for my accomodation maybe 2 weeks ago and I really wish I changed the date
kitsune
I've changed my entry date from 27 to 23, yeah! :biggrin:

Does it matter when you arrive? I'm guessing most people arrive on the 27th?
Reply 792
killers_girl
how do you change it? And do you have to change it immediately because I applied for my accomodation maybe 2 weeks ago and I really wish I changed the date

The same happened to me... just email the accommodation office [email protected] and I really cool guy called Ross will reply to you :smile: There's no problem about changing the date... :biggrin:
kitsune
The same happened to me... just email the accommodation office [email protected] and I really cool guy called Ross will reply to you :smile: There's no problem about changing the date... :biggrin:

Thanks alot, I'll email him tomorrow morning :smile:
Reply 794
Hey I jut got this email:
Dear Student,

Thank you, we have received your application form for accommodation for the academic year 2009/2010.

New students should expect notice of our decision regarding accommodation within 28 days.

Continuing students should expect results of places allocated by lottery after 1st May, 2009.

Regards,
LSE Accommodation Office

Is this the standard response to my application for accommodation, or reciept of an email I sent asking them to change the accommodation I chose (wasn't happy with initial decisions so emailed them asking to change halls)?

Thanks
Reply 795
coren111
Hey I jut got this email:
Dear Student,

Thank you, we have received your application form for accommodation for the academic year 2009/2010.

New students should expect notice of our decision regarding accommodation within 28 days.

Continuing students should expect results of places allocated by lottery after 1st May, 2009.

Regards,
LSE Accommodation Office

Is this the standard response to my application for accommodation, or reciept of an email I sent asking them to change the accommodation I chose (wasn't happy with initial decisions so emailed them asking to change halls)?

Thanks

That's the standard email. I got it yesterday too
kitsune

I need to change my date of arrival from 27th to 25th. Can i call the accommodation office instead of emailing them? Do you know the price per night we need to pay for earlier arrival?
Reply 797
sad core
I need to change my date of arrival from 27th to 25th. Can i call the accommodation office instead of emailing them? Do you know the price per night we need to pay for earlier arrival?

Why don't you just send them an email? It's easier... plus, it's not the accommodation office who has to confirm it but the hall you are staying in... and I read somewhere that the nights between the 20th and 27th of September are paid at the same price... but do not recall where...
Reply 798
killers_girl

How come?
Reply 799
kitsune
Why don't you just send them an email? It's easier... plus, it's not the accommodation office who has to confirm it but the hall you are staying in... and I read somewhere that the nights between the 20th and 27th of September are paid at the same price... but do not recall where...

Did Ross reply you straight away? I have made a mistake in the LSE hall bit.. I accidenteally put BUTLERS WHARF but I didn't mean to...

I have sent an e-mail to LSE regarding my offer two weeks ago but never got a reply so I am not having a very positive impression of the way that the uni communicates with us students. Do you think he definitely will reply to me if he saw it? Would it do any harm for me to keep pestering because I am REALLY worried about getting that hall......... argh.

Latest

Trending

Trending