The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Woolcott
Yeah, I'd heard that, which is amazing for a central London uni, but probably because LSE is such a small institution :cool:

I was really asking because I'd heard that if you're considered a 'London resident' you get last dibs on a place, and I get the horrible feeling that I'm unlikely to nab a room in Bankside or High Holborn :frown: I was wondering whether I'd be considered a London resident and would be better off abandoning hope of living in any of my preferred halls? :confused:

I may just ring the admissions office once the UCAS deadline is good and gone :o:

what for halls? They havnt even opened yet!?!?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1181
irfy
what for halls? They havnt even opened yet!?!?

nononono, the UCAS deadline is nothing to do with the LSE accommodation deadline. I was definitely talking about the former!
Reply 1182
Woolcott
nononono, the UCAS deadline is nothing to do with the LSE accommodation deadline. I was definitely talking about the former!

ah yes sorry, I just re-read your post, my bad :p:

you shocked me ********!

aha
1. Hi, is it possible for 1st year students to move out after the 1st term (Christmas holidays) from their halls?

I've heard it is possible if you find a replacement.

2. Also, I looked through the thread and the website, but I dont understand how many people you share a bathroom with if you get a single at High Holborn. I understand that the shared rooms are ensuite, so it is a bathroom between 2 people.

Thanks! (quote me if you reply)
Reply 1184
Haloalkane
1. Hi, is it possible for 1st year students to move out after the 1st term (Christmas holidays) from their halls?

I've heard it is possible if you find a replacement.

2. Also, I looked through the thread and the website, but I dont understand how many people you share a bathroom with if you get a single at High Holborn. I understand that the shared rooms are ensuite, so it is a bathroom between 2 people.

Thanks! (quote me if you reply)

1. Not a clue

2. You're in flats of 4-5 people, so you actually share your kitchen and bathroom with all of your flatmates

:yy:
Woolcott
1. Not a clue

2. You're in flats of 4-5 people, so you actually share your kitchen and bathroom with all of your flatmates

:yy:

Thanks.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to move out after 1 term of staying in halls?

Also, are there no LSE halls which offer self catered and single ensuite for first years? Northumberland is shared ensuite as far as I am aware
Reply 1186
can anyone tell me when the application for halls opened this month? as in what date?

Thanks
Reply 1187
Believe they have yet to open up, I've been checking this site daily:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/residentialHalls/residentialHomepage.aspx
Reply 1188
rnmks84
Believe they have yet to open up, I've been checking this site daily:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/residentialHalls/residentialHomepage.aspx

has it opened up yet?
Reply 1189
i have no idea what accomodation to apply for! i am looking for a good social scene really, preferably with self catering but i don't mind sharing a room, looking more for lively!! whatcha reckon?
Reply 1190
Charrp
i have no idea what accomodation to apply for! i am looking for a good social scene really, preferably with self catering but i don't mind sharing a room, looking more for lively!! whatcha reckon?

High Holborn it is.

If you're willing to sacrifice self-catered for an even better social scene though, apparently Rosebery is far and away the best hall socially...
Reply 1191
Woolcott
High Holborn it is.

If you're willing to sacrifice self-catered for an even better social scene though, apparently Rosebery is far and away the best hall socially...

so you think high holborn or roseberry? which one?
Reply 1192
Charrp
so you think high holborn or roseberry? which one?

Depends on whether you value social life or self-catered more really...

Personally I went for HH over Rosebery because the location is so amazing. Plus my rents are paying for the accommodation, so I'm not worrying about price :p: My first choice is Bankside though, because it seems to be the best all round compromise...
Reply 1193
irfy
has it opened up yet?

Yes, it's open now - I just applied to Grosvenor, Northumb and HH in that order.

Anyone have particular insights into these? I'll be a first year grad. Based on above Rosebery is sounding like a lot of fun...blast!
Reply 1194
does anybody have an advice/past experience with sharing a room? and also having people up to stay if sharing a room?
Reply 1195
also does anybody know anything about the reputation of lilian knowles?
Reply 1196
Charrp
does anybody have an advice/past experience with sharing a room? and also having people up to stay if sharing a room?

Heya, I don't share a room personally but a lot of my friends do. They say its fine as long as you can co-ordinate your timetables... my friend gets annoyed when her roomie wakes up and makes noise at 7AM, but I think that's the only major issue. They have a weekly food limit of 150pounds and each week one of them buys it for the others. Its a bit annoying sharing a room if you want to have friends over and your roomie is working, but I think most people sharing rooms (that I know at least) don't mind it!

Any questions about bankside? For a more social life at LSE I'd say choose Bankside, Rosebery or Carr-Saunders. :smile:
As President of Carr-Saunders you could say I'm somewhat biased, but Carr-Saunders is the best hall of residence.

Please visit our facebook group for more information:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=350011939236

Have a read through the general information and if you have any questions just post them on the wall and someone will reply asap.
Reply 1198
does anyone know if we're supposed to post the accomodation forms instead of just mailing them?
How long does it normally take for them to allocate accommodation after your form has been sent in? Does anyone know what proportion of people get their first choice accomodation?

Latest

Trending

Trending