London

Scroll to see replies

anyone know when we will hear back?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1581
Hi everyone!

Next year, I will be studying an MA European Culture at UCL. However, I'm from Belgium and am still looking for student accommodation. Since the UCL halls of residence seem too unpersonal to me, I would love to share a flat in central London (tube zone 1 or 2) with some other students/young professionals. I have found some sites where the landlord rents out individual rooms in a flat, on the condition that all rooms are rented at once to a student group.
Therefore, please let me know if you're interested in sharing for next academic year, starting something like June, July or August 2011. I will be looking for rooms of about 150 pounds a week.

I'd love to hear from you guys!

Kind regards,

Margot
Hi,

I've applied for accomodation pretty late (its almost mid-May now). My choices are 1. Carr-Saunders Single
2. Roseberry Single
3. Bankside Shared
4. International Hall Single
5. Hughes Parry Single
6. Connought Single

What are my chances of getting into one of the LSE Residences? I really don't wanna end up in an Inter-collegiate residence and I filled up the options only because it was compulsory.

Also, I will be arriving with a friend and I want to make sure we end up in the same Residence. Is there any way of doing that?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Anuj
Just wondering if anybody knows the pros/cons of Northumberland House? Not sure about this share-y thing and how this works?
Reply 1584
Original post by Diffusion
Just wondering if anybody knows the pros/cons of Northumberland House? Not sure about this share-y thing and how this works?

It's a pretty good hall in general, I've lived there for a month. Some random pros and cons that come to mind:

Pros:

Best location out of all the halls in my opinion.
Nice rooms/staff
Good kitchens
Ensuite

Cons:

Bathrooms are extremely small - think of an aeroplane toilet, it's just like that - you can literally shower, sit on the toilet and brush your teeth at the same time.

Heard stories of mice and lifts breaking from time to time

Mainly postgrad, very few undergrads

Every 1st year undergrad student has to share (I know one counterexample to this, but every other undergrad had to share). You don't get to know anything about your roommate until you move in - they don't even tell you their name.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1585
Original post by Fri
Hi everyone!

Next year, I will be studying an MA European Culture at UCL. However, I'm from Belgium and am still looking for student accommodation. Since the UCL halls of residence seem too unpersonal to me, I would love to share a flat in central London (tube zone 1 or 2) with some other students/young professionals. I have found some sites where the landlord rents out individual rooms in a flat, on the condition that all rooms are rented at once to a student group.
Therefore, please let me know if you're interested in sharing for next academic year, starting something like June, July or August 2011. I will be looking for rooms of about 150 pounds a week.

I'd love to hear from you guys!

Kind regards,

Margot

Have you tried NetLet LSE? It's a forum for LSE accommodation where you may find someone.
Can't make my mind up between Roseberry and Carr-Saunders! Any opinions on what to go for? I'm after a really sociable hall; there doesn't seem much to pick between the two other than Roseberry being a slightly larger hall.
Reply 1587
Original post by Lacrimosa
Can't make my mind up between Roseberry and Carr-Saunders! Any opinions on what to go for? I'm after a really sociable hall; there doesn't seem much to pick between the two other than Roseberry being a slightly larger hall.

Ignoring all other factors, I'd say Rosebery is a much more sociable hall. I know very few Carr-Saunders people in general, where as you see Rosebery people all the time.
Original post by Swayum
It's a pretty good hall in general, I've lived there for a month. Some random pros and cons that come to mind:

Pros:

Best location out of all the halls in my opinion.
Nice rooms/staff
Good kitchens
Ensuite

Cons:

Bathrooms are extremely small - think of an aeroplane toilet, it's just like that - you can literally shower, sit on the toilet and brush your teeth at the same time.

Heard stories of mice and lifts breaking from time to time

Mainly postgrad, very few undergrads

Every 1st year undergrad student has to share (I know one counterexample to this, but every other undergrad had to share). You don't get to know anything about your roommate until you move in - they don't even tell you their name.

Thanks mate.
Well, NH looks lovely and is in a wonderful location but the admin guy told me that basically 1st year undergrads share a twin bedroom with another student? Ugh...
Reply 1589
Ehy guys, just got an offer for MSc in Politics and Government of the EU and i'm trying to figure out in which hall apply to. Could u tell me which one is supposed to be the most sociable? I don't care if I'll be with an huge amount of undergraduate, I just want a place that is lively. Ah, absolutely non-catered, with all due respect i can stand english cousine :\
Reply 1590
Thanks mate.
Well, NH looks lovely and is in a wonderful location but the admin guy told me that basically 1st year undergrads share a twin bedroom with another student? Ugh...

Yeah, like I said, 1st years have to share. Twin bedroom means 2 separate beds within one room (and 2 of everything else like 2 desks, 2 side tables, etc).
Quick question have any halls got halal meat?
Original post by Swayum
Yeah, like I said, 1st years have to share. Twin bedroom means 2 separate beds within one room (and 2 of everything else like 2 desks, 2 side tables, etc).

Cheers again Swayum. Sounds rather awkward, especially not knowing who roomie is till you get there. :eek:

Original post by loki276

Good question, lol
Are we right to assume our room-mate will be of the same gender to us? Obviously they can't tell us who we're sharing with (Data Protection and all that) but what are the chances you'll have a girl and a guy sharing? Just out of curiosity :smile:
Reply 1594
Original post by Calimboness
Are we right to assume our room-mate will be of the same gender to us? Obviously they can't tell us who we're sharing with (Data Protection and all that) but what are the chances you'll have a girl and a guy sharing? Just out of curiosity :smile:

Yeah, you can only share with someone of the same gender.
Original post by Swayum
Yeah, you can only share with someone of the same gender.

Ah, cheers :smile: it suddenly came to me that I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, and I thought I should ask. Thanks very much for clearing that up!
Just how unsociable is High Holborn?

Btw,just to confirm,the deadline for accomodation IS the 31st may right?? Cuz I havent done anything for it yet :/
Original post by loki276

Original post by loki276

anyone?

Cheers again Swayum. Sounds rather awkward, especially not knowing who roomie is till you get there. :eek:

Good question, lol

yep
Original post by loki276
anyone?

yep

Best bet is to call/email the accommodation office or email the admin staff of individual halls. Or maybe the Islamic Society :dontknow:
Reply 1599
Are there many people looking for self-catered here? Am I right in thinking there is only High Holborn, Northumberland House and Sidney Webb?

Latest

Trending

Trending