The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No that would be up your teachers to include it on your reference...I'm not sure if tutors expect it to be included or not?!
Reply 41
and they wont like ring my college to find out or anything. Im hoping my tutors will just avoid that point.
Joshworkinghard
My GCSEs were 2A* 4A 4B. I am predicted 5 As for AS and 4 As for A2. I want to study law. Does anyone have any vague ideas about which colleges within oxbridge look less at exams (specifically GCSEs) and put a lot of emphasis on interview and on LNAT. I have heard Wadham, Oxford are quite open and St Peters, Oxford only had 2.7 applicants to each place over the last few years. Any ideas??????????? :confused:

I got 1A*, 5As 3Bs and 1C at GCSE but was predicted 5As at both AS and A2, which is what I got, and I got in (although at AS I had AAAB, although I didn't "cash in" my marks so I didn't actually have these grades). I got in to The Queen's College, Oxford, by the way. I think you have to really convince them that you'll do better at A-Level to get through to interview, and then really do well at the interviews, and get the grades of course. If you get bad GCSEs, it's an uphill struggle from Lower Sixth to get into Oxbridge, but (like all other uphill struggles) it's not impossible.
Thanks this is very reasuring. What subject did you apply for? And where your UMS marks particularly high at AS?
Physics, and I did get some high-ish marks at Maths (you know a 100 here and there, especially in the easier modules) and Physics (no 100s, but +90%s).
so you proved yourself academically at as. How did your interview go. do you feel that they took that into majorly into account?
Physicists get a maths test at interview, (most subjects have some kind of test) and I believe I did really well in that, although the marks never came back. I got some questions right which my friends applying for maths at oxford couldn't do! I do also think I managed to charm the interviewers; you have to convince them that they want to be your tutor for the next 3/4 years. So, yes, in my opinion, they did take the interview into account -- that was my chance to show them what I was worth and (as arrogant as it sounds) I think I did.

Latest

Trending

Trending