The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

North Hill Court Accommodation - Question/Opinions Needed! Please answer!

Hello!

So, I'm really indecisive, and keep going over and over my decision of where to apply to.

I looked at North Hill Court - it looks nice enough but there are a few issues I have with it, that I could do with getting sorted out, if you'd be kind enough to answer please :smile:

Being so small (only 80 people), someone has said before that you can feel a bit left out from the student lifestyle if you apply there - is this true? For anyone currently there, what it is like to be in a place so small?

Also, is it true that some of the bedrooms and the kitchens are really tiny? Or would you say that they are just a suitable size and meet your needs fine ^^

Are there any quiet areas in the flats? I'd rather be in a quieter area I think, but other accommodations seem to specify whether there is.

Finally - is there a catch to the price?! It's the cheapest one by far (£2800 - £3250 standard room per session - even cheaper than Lupton!) and I'm just wondering why. Is the local area nice? I've heard some are near council estates etc. but I wanted to check safety etc.

Any general opinions are also appreciated, and if anyone knows anything about Clarence Dock (I have read the extensive guide!) and Lupton of similar questions, could you let me know please?

Thank you very much! Reps to everyone who helps :smile:
Reply 1
I used to really want to go to NHC, but it seems to be "left out" a lot, so to speak. No one seems to have heard of it, and the one person I did manage to speak to that had heard of it said it was VERY quiet, somewhat isolated and basically attracted mature students and foreign students.
Lupton, to me, is perfect. I like the price, I like its area, I like that it's set in a grassy area etc etc etc :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Untitled1
Hello!

So, I'm really indecisive, and keep going over and over my decision of where to apply to.

I looked at North Hill Court - it looks nice enough but there are a few issues I have with it, that I could do with getting sorted out, if you'd be kind enough to answer please :smile:

Being so small (only 80 people), someone has said before that you can feel a bit left out from the student lifestyle if you apply there - is this true? For anyone currently there, what it is like to be in a place so small?

Also, is it true that some of the bedrooms and the kitchens are really tiny? Or would you say that they are just a suitable size and meet your needs fine ^^

Are there any quiet areas in the flats? I'd rather be in a quieter area I think, but other accommodations seem to specify whether there is.

Finally - is there a catch to the price?! It's the cheapest one by far (£2800 - £3250 standard room per session - even cheaper than Lupton!) and I'm just wondering why. Is the local area nice? I've heard some are near council estates etc. but I wanted to check safety etc.

Any general opinions are also appreciated, and if anyone knows anything about Clarence Dock (I have read the extensive guide!) and Lupton of similar questions, could you let me know please?

Thank you very much! Reps to everyone who helps :smile:

Hey im looking to apply to north hill court at the minute really and i liked it when i went to visit, did you apply for NHC in the end or did you decided to go else where? x

Quick Reply

Latest