The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AsystoleUK
Sheffield hallam this September. I withdrew from Kings and Cardiff because I'm familiar with Sheffield and have friends there, but sort of wonder what it'd have been like to live in London and go to Kings :frown:

ah, you'll always wonder 'what if!' but once you get stuck into university and start enjoying the course you'll be fine!
Reply 21
What interests me most is the care and development of both woman and child....i just find the whole process fascinating and quite a beautiful thing...and to be be part of that process on a daily basis would be just amazing.

I shadowed a maternity clinic about a year ago and sat in with the head consultant of that unit and of all other areas I had been to radiolology....e.n.t.....general medicine.....maternity just fascinated me from start to finish I didn't want to leave.
Jason1990
What interests me most is the care and development of both woman and child....i just find the whole process fascinating and quite a beautiful thing...and to be be part of that process on a daily basis would be just amazing.

I shadowed a maternity clinic about a year ago and sat in with the head consultant of that unit and of all other areas I had been to radiolology....e.n.t.....general medicine.....maternity just fascinated me from start to finish I didn't want to leave.

then why do nursing and not midwifery?

I only chose to do nursin as im young and wasn't 100% sure whether or not i wanted too, and felt i'd like to go through the service myself as a patient, to get more empathy for my clients before i went into midwifery, you're much older than i am
Reply 23
Midwifery courses in my local area are rather hard to get into in that they rarely take anyone who isn't a mature student. So I'm going to study nursing and develop clinical skills and practice before going on to do midwifery.

Plus I think at 19 i'm maybe a bit young to be going into midwifery right away anyways
Reply 24
Although age discrimination is now illegal, I think midwifery prefers students to have some form of life experience I guess as they can't say older!

I'm doing adult nursing at King's this Sept! =D

Mike x

Latest