The Student Room Group

Media Courses - Best universitys

Im looking to go to uni next year and ive just started looking however, im real scared that im going to pick the wrong uni for my choice of course and its going to make me want to drop out.
I want to study media (just pure media or media communications, multimedia, or a uni that does joint degrees with business) and im probably going to be getting at the end of my a-levels 200 - 240 points, so im looking for a uni that could cater for that. I dont know where to start looking and its driving me mad.
Can anyone help me on which uni's might cater for someone like me?
:woo:

bearFACE
Well the 'best' unis for media are frequently said to be Westminster and Goldsmiths, university of London, though there are many more that are outside of London, I just can't think atm :wink:

Make sure to read the course contents vigorously as media courses can vary so much from uni to uni, depending on whether you want to do the more practical side, or the more theoretical side, or if you want to focus on film or print or multimedia etc.

I don't know anything about the entry requirements though sorry :redface:
What about Bournemouth?
Reply 3
Generally you're far better off with a more specialized course IMO, like Journalism or Film Production or sth, depending on what you want to do. Media Courses are a tricky ground, some of them are really useless and don't teach you anything much (not anything that would enhance your chances on the job market substantially :yep:)
Reply 4
bearFACE
Im looking to go to uni next year and ive just started looking however, im real scared that im going to pick the wrong uni for my choice of course and its going to make me want to drop out.
I want to study media (just pure media or media communications, multimedia, or a uni that does joint degrees with business) and im probably going to be getting at the end of my a-levels 200 - 240 points, so im looking for a uni that could cater for that. I dont know where to start looking and its driving me mad.
Can anyone help me on which uni's might cater for someone like me?
:woo:

bearFACE

Goldsmiths and Westminster
Reply 5
university for creative arts has a whole building dedicated towards media/art
Reply 6
If you're interested in a particular area of media, it might narrow it down a bit. Look at the times university guide for the reputation of various unis and order a stack of prospectus' so you can do some reading on each of the courses. My thread my help if you're looking into Journalism at all.
Reply 7
Salfords meant to be good for media a few of my friends are going there alot more bbc things will be happening there.I'm going to edge hill thats not bad for media courses either.
Reply 8
Sounds like you need to decide whether you want a practical course or a theory course, or even a mix. When you've got a particular course in mind you can ask previous students about it. Some courses have modules you can chose from so you'll have a little bit of flexibility to chose what you like there...

Bournemouth has a great media school, I did multi-media journalism there so if you have any questions about Bournemouth, I can help :smile:
Reply 9
Reading (Y), though they require 280-320 pts.

Latest

Trending

Trending