The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2010 Competition

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all who have passed, good luck to those waiting and don't give up to all those who didn't make it this time.

I passed European FS and Central Departments with a positive report to boot! Thank you all so much for keeping me sane throughout! This forum has been invaluable :smile: xxx
Reply 2081
Message re: EFS:

"A decision is unlikely to be made by the EFS until late May/early June."

Thanks, Jenni.
Reply 2082
Passed GES with 16.37.
The comments in the report are generally good.

So happy. Congrats to all that passed and don't worry if you didn't. Fate will lead you somewhere and you'll look back and laugh.
xx
So, the scores as we understand them at the moment are... Keep on adding :smile:

CD:
Lowest pass - 17.50
Highest fail -

HR:
Lowest pass - 16.90
Highest fail -

TiB:
Lowest pass - 15.74
Highest fail -

DS:
Lowest pass - 19.44
Highest fail -

EFS:
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

HoP
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

GES
Lowest Pass - 16.37
Highest fail -

GSS
Lowest Pass -
Highest fail -

Science
Lowest Pass - 17.50
Highest fail -

Engineering
Lowest Pass - 17.50
Highest fail -
Dapple
very random question here but is 48 minutes long enough to get from a train at euston to tufton street? pushing it a bit or easy?

i think the fact that there isn't a tube that near tufton street would put me off cutting it that fine but if you got a taxi or bus perhaps then it could be fine having said that i don't live in london so its probably better that someone who lives there replies.
A generous 20 minutes from Euston to Westminster
Then a another generous 20 minute walk from Westminster to Tufton Street...

48 mins is very do-able... The question is, how much time do you want to build in to be on the safe side and not be worrying :smile:
Reply 2086
doesn't matter - booked a train to get in at 11 instead!
Reply 2087
i.e 42 minutes earlier
CD:
Lowest pass - 17.25
Highest fail -

HR:
Lowest pass - 16.90
Highest fail -

TiB:
Lowest pass - 15.74
Highest fail -

DS:
Lowest pass - 19.44
Highest fail -

EFS:
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

HoP
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

GES
Lowest Pass - 16.37
Highest fail -
CD:
Lowest pass - 17.25
Highest fail -

HR:
Lowest pass - 16.90
Highest fail -

TiB:
Lowest pass - 15.74
Highest fail -

DS:
Lowest pass - 18.44
Highest fail -

EFS:
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

HoP
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

GES
Lowest Pass - 16.37
Highest fail -
Reply 2090
Bravo Xray
For anyone who has passed and completed the pre appointment checks.

What is the Disclosure Application form?

Firstly, well done to everyone who has got a positive result today, and comiserations to those who didn't; if it's any consolation this was my second time applying, so don't be put off applying again next year.

Bravo - the Disclosure Application form will be sent to you by post from Parity; it is a basic form asking details like NI/Passport number, name, address details for the last 3 years or so, and if you have had any convictions etc. It's only a basic disclosure, and is fairly easy to complete. You send it back to Parity who check it and send it off to Disclosure Scotland, who carry out the checks. It's nothing to worry about!
I have just found out that I didn't pass the central departments which is a shame - I was quite hopeful because I knew I had done better than the pass mark last year which was about 16.8 (from what I could gather from last year's forum). Oh well still got the HR FSB to come so all is not lost. I have updated below...

CD:
Lowest pass - 17.25
Highest fail - 17.04

HR:
Lowest pass - 16.90
Highest fail -

TiB:
Lowest pass - 15.74
Highest fail -

DS:
Lowest pass - 18.44
Highest fail -

EFS:
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

HoP
Lowest pass - 17.97
Highest fail -

GES
Lowest Pass - 16.37
Highest fail -
I passed CD :woo: Can't stop crying, what an odd response.
Tuppenny
I passed CD :woo: Can't stop crying, what an odd response.

Aww thats the exact same reaction I had!! Congratulations!! I seem to be the lowest CD pass so far, I must really have just scraped in :smile:
Reply 2094
Accepted to GES. Second time trying. Imagine not many have been rejected for GES at this late stage but if you have been you did a lot better than I did last year (automatic rejection!). My advise would be to get some relevant work experience whilst re-applying - you can improve many skills and have interesting things to talk about in a fairly short amount of time.

Congratulations to all those passing!
Mikey6
I passed for Central Depts!!! I really can't believe it! No way did I expect to end up on the faststream first time round! Thanks to all on here you have been great! :-)

Congrats mikey, just hr to wait for now!
Failed with 16.61... gutted.
Reply 2097
I'm sorry to be a bit of a newbie/lurker, but big thank you to those who posted and know what you're about...felt wayyyyy out of my depth for Assessment Centre, but this forum really helped!! I managed to pass EFS and CD with 17.63...new low for EFS by the looks of it lol.
Reply 2098
how do you get to see your scores?
i only saw a pass on my status for GES! :biggrin:
Reply 2099
It's under my applications. Click on view results which is to the right of 'fsac' on the progress screen. Then they'll be a link at the bottom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending