The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Favourite Place On Campus?

Just wondering, following a discussion on another thread, what your favourite place on campus is?

- Favourite bar?
- Favourite eating place/coffee shop?
- Favourite place [eg, by the duck pond or in Alex Sq etc]?

I went back to campus today to move some things out and it was really pretty with the sun and how quiet it was. I love the pond near Fylde as well as the duck pond on the fields. The grass near the Engineering Building, by the water, is also great for sunbathing. :biggrin:

Bar wise, it probably has to be Trev as it gets the balance right and has a nice atmosphere. It is somewhere you can go just for a drink. I quite like Grad bar though - especially with the outdoor seats which feel a bit surreal [it feels like toy town :smile:].

Eating place is probably Pizzetta, especially after a night out. Would like to try the Chinese though - is it good?
Reply 1
Bar - Lonny, Fylde or Cartmel
Eating place - SULTANSSSS :biggrin: aha wibwobs is pretty good too but too expensive!
Place in general - Hmm the grass near the duck pond/rugby pitches possibly. BBQs! Or -cheese time. I LOVE MY COLLEGE :wink:- grizedale quad cos there's usually someone doing something ridiculous out there...and we have rave benches. I was fascinated by those during freshers week!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Bar - either County (when it's fairly quiet) or Trev - for the folkiness on a Wednesday night.
Eating place - the Chinese is good, but defo Sultans for after a night out, not sure about anywhere else.
Places in general - I like the grassy bits behind Spar (close to Furness accom.) and basically anywhere with water :biggrin:
Not sure on bars... I do kind of like Bowland, and grad is nice. Lonsdale is good for a bit.
Food, has to be wibbly wobbly! Favourite place on campus.... hmmmm.... probably down on the fields, just by the woods seperating them from Bailrigg house, when it's nice and sunny but quite quiet.
Reply 4
Bar - Either County or Furness. Furness feels a bit like a pub and is a bit dingy which I like. County is right by my flat, has better beer than Furness and I get on with the bar staff.
Place - There's a little bit by County South with a tree and a couple of benches. Decent to just pop down there for a bit when it's sunny. The place by Fylde with the pond is good to go as well.
Eating place - Wibbly Wobbly. Avoided it for most of the year because me and my mates thought it would be a bit dossy. Went in hungover once and it was well nice. It's pricey, but worth it. Ben's Brunch is amazing.
Reply 5
Hmm, from my memories of last year I liked Cartmel bar quite a lot; the staff were very friendly and good to chat too, and the bar was generally well presented and never too crowded.

I tried not to eat too many take-outs in my first year, but the one I did use the most was probably Wong’s Kitchen. The food isn’t exceptional, but it’s certainly satisfying. I used to love their soup dishes and Cantonese Chicken! The fortune cookies, as a sheer novelty item were pretty cool too. “You will receive a magnificent gift soon,” I’m still waiting... Also, Mr. Wong and his wife are lovely.

I used to go for walks around campus frequently; I quite enjoyed walking from the square to the medical centre and back, often, it’d help to clear my mind, especially while I was trying to write an essay. The duck pond was nice to visit; although I was a little put off after a friend of mine was ‘attacked’ by the ducks and RABID ROOSTER OF DOOM.

For anyone interested in places off-campus, I’m no expert but I could give advice or recommendations to anyone interested. Especially concerning food! :p:
The path out of there!
Reply 7
Can I choose a place that is not-quite-on-campus? 'Cos I have always been fond of the walk from South West down to Galgate - very pleasant when you just need a break.
My favourite bar was Graduate. Best place for a proper drink and the chance to chat and relax.
And best place to eat - Wibbs Wobbs by a mile! Fresh, real orange juice made from real oranges, and burgers containing actual meat...mmmm. Highly recommended to Freshers for next year.
Lord, I am going to miss the place.
Reply 8
My favourite place on campus is either down by the duck pond, if you avoid Devil Goose, or down the cycle path round the back of County - I don't ride a bike but you can walk down to a little village through some nice shady woodland and there are sheep and cows :tongue:. And rabbits. And occasionally squirrels.
Favourite bar is either County (my college!) or Furness. County's got a good bar-like atmosphere, while Furness is more like a friendly pub. Plus it's called Trevor :biggrin:.
Favourite place to eat is Sultans, I think. I only really started going there this last term but I prefer the food to Pizzetta's (although Pizzetta is nice and cheap) and Sultans do awesome curly fries :biggrin:.
I am a Sultans fanatic, the guys there are awesome and we are now known as one of "the regulars" (Is that a good thing?! Ooops), as far favourite Bar? I'd have to say Cartmel, simply because it is my College bar, and I'm just naturally there every night (yes, by myself, alone, because it is always empty, right? :P)
Reply 10
michaelbenson
I am a Sultans fanatic, the guys there are awesome and we are now known as one of "the regulars"

I am a sultans regular too! say hello to altaf all the time and im facebook friends with another of them haha

favourite chill place...Bonington Step or the field. Love having barbeques on the field :biggrin:

wibwobs is amazing but toooo expensive...its ok at the start of term though when your loan has just gone in...

and favourite bar is Fylde...only one i spend any time in!
gtmad
I am a sultans regular too! say hello to altaf all the time and im facebook friends with another of them haha

favourite chill place...Bonington Step or the field. Love having barbeques on the field :biggrin:

wibwobs is amazing but toooo expensive...its ok at the start of term though when your loan has just gone in...

and favourite bar is Fylde...only one i spend any time in!

Ridders is our favourite, he is always there after a good night out to ease our drunkeness with a Cheeseburger Meal Deal, it is going to be rather weird not seeing them 3 or 4 times a week :redface:
Reply 12
Also, this was the first time i have seen a lancaster university discussion on the 'latest' board...good effort
Reply 13
Bar - County
Food - well, in the day has to be Greggs. In 1st year, take-away was Spicy Hut - went seriously downhill after that though. And after a night out - Pizetta.
In general - I dunno... had lots of fun times on the field though :smile:
Reply 14
Favourite Bar - Definitely Grad, decent ales AND scampi fries, what more could a man ask for?
Favourite Food - Hmm, Sultans has certainly got the most money out of me, but I prefer the chippy during the more reasonable hours. Also does Diggles count as food?
Favourite Place - The floor, just about anywhere, the middle of Alex square at 9am can be particularly refreshing!
Reply 15
Lizj
Can I choose a place that is not-quite-on-campus? 'Cos I have always been fond of the walk from South West down to Galgate - very pleasant when you just need a break.
My favourite bar was Graduate. Best place for a proper drink and the chance to chat and relax.
And best place to eat - Wibbs Wobbs by a mile! Fresh, real orange juice made from real oranges, and burgers containing actual meat...mmmm. Highly recommended to Freshers for next year.
Lord, I am going to miss the place.

I love that walk. My placement with LUVU was at a school near the Galgate Spar so I walked down there a few times a week. I've been down to St John's church as well and cycle down there sometimes but the hill near Cartmel is a bit painful on a bike.

I tend to go for walks off campus each day and that is one of my favourites although I do quite like the walk off by County also. :smile:
Reply 16
Best bar - Not really that bothered, County, Fylde or Lonsdale usually!
Best food - Greggs during the day, Sultans after a night out
Best place - Bonnington Steps - always good for a booze and a bbq in summer, or the astroturf for playing american football!
zunemax
Best bar - Not really that bothered, County, Fylde or Lonsdale usually!
Best food - Greggs during the day, Sultans after a night out
Best place - Bonnington Steps - always good for a booze and a bbq in summer, or the astroturf for playing american football!

Football fans in Lancaster? Kick ass!
Reply 18
Bar - County, especially when we moved the bar outside, couple of the tables and seats, to just outside the great hall on a sunny day. We got some strange looks, was really funny!
Food - Chippy, or Greggs, depending on what im doing that day!
Place - This is hard, i like Pendle quad becuase its my college and know people there, Bonnington steps are nice, but overall i just like sitting in Alex Square, with some mates, normally commenting on people who walk by!

Latest

Trending

Trending