The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MalteseMalteser
I think saturdays and sundays are the worst for most things - especially when they are mixed up with Christmas/Summer holidays :rolleyes:

Well the managers seem to be a bit unsure about him to be honest :/

Exactly, and bank holidays if their busy :rolleyes:!
Aww, is he bad then :/?
Original post by Enigma55
Neither could I at the time. I was utterly shocked. Oh well no skin off my nose, she was actually calling for help and she ruined any chance of that happening now. I actually laugh when it happens now.

Lol fair enough :tongue:!
Original post by Forest Bantam
The most stupid comments I have had of customers when working at ASDA.

"Do you work here?": No I just walk round in a lime green shirt as a fashion statement.
"Where do you pay for things?": At the checkout!!!!!
" Do you take bank cards?": Yes love we do its 2013!!!
" If I take something from upstairs, can I pay for it downstairs?" : Yes its the same bloody shop!!!
" Are you open?" : Bearing in mind the woman is standing outside the shop seeing loads of people enter and leave.
" Where is the exit?" Its the same door you came in, formally known as the entrance.

All of the above are genuinely what I have been asked by customers.

People are stupid at times :rolleyes:!
Original post by Forest Bantam
The most stupid comments I have had of customers when working at ASDA.

"Do you work here?": No I just walk round in a lime green shirt as a fashion statement.
"Where do you pay for things?": At the checkout!!!!!
" Do you take bank cards?": Yes love we do its 2013!!!
" If I take something from upstairs, can I pay for it downstairs?" : Yes its the same bloody shop!!!
" Are you open?" : Bearing in mind the woman is standing outside the shop seeing loads of people enter and leave.
" Where is the exit?" Its the same door you came in, formally known as the entrance.

All of the above are genuinely what I have been asked by customers.

2 and 3 aren't that bad as for the 2nd one, they might not know were the checkouts are, and for the 3rd one, there are still some shops that don't take bank cards.
Original post by ohhello92x
Exactly, and bank holidays if their busy :rolleyes:!
Aww, is he bad then :/?

Oh yes! who can forget the bank holidays? :rolleyes:

I've got an interesting story to tell when I get back in from work today about something that happened earlier in the week/yesterday, as well as any other interesting stories from today.

Well apparently he was working earlier this week in store but I'm not going to judge because I've never seen the guy. Innocent/good until proven guilty :smile:
I think saturdays and sundays are the worst for most things - especially when they are mixed up with Christmas/Summer holidays :rolleyes:

Well the managers seem to be a bit unsure about him to be honest :/

I went into Phones4U yesterday and the man dealing with me said that the weekend after Bank Holidays are the worst.
Oh yes! who can forget the bank holidays? :rolleyes:

I've got an interesting story to tell when I get back in from work today about something that happened earlier in the week/yesterday, as well as any other interesting stories from today.

Well apparently he was working earlier this week in store but I'm not going to judge because I've never seen the guy. Innocent/good until proven guilty :smile:

Yep.
Oh nice :biggrin:!
Fair dos. You'll just have to wait until you go into work :smile:!
Reply 7987
Original post by navarre
The best customers are the ones who buy 30p worth of bananas with a £50 gift voucher. Always good to empty my till. We get customers like that in every weekend, and my friend and I are convinced it's a scam, but there's nothing we can do. The vouchers are genuine.

Always first thing in the morning when you hardly have any change right? :angry:
Yep.
Oh nice :biggrin:!
Fair dos. You'll just have to wait until you go into work :smile:!

Okay, so I forgot my interesting story from work but I sold 2 big bags for life today! 10% - I'll take that for a shoey! :biggrin:

Yeah, we had to stay behind a bit today just to make sure everything was spic and spam tidy - ahh well, I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what he's like actually :smile:
Original post by OU Student
I went into Phones4U yesterday and the man dealing with me said that the weekend after Bank Holidays are the worst.

Hmm that's true in what I've seen, although I find that if it's a bank holiday monday it's normally the weekend before that is the busiest.
Okay, so I forgot my interesting story from work but I sold 2 big bags for life today! 10% - I'll take that for a shoey! :biggrin:

Yeah, we had to stay behind a bit today just to make sure everything was spic and spam tidy - ahh well, I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what he's like actually :smile:

Aww.
Oh well done :biggrin:!
Aww oh well, even though staying behind is a pain, least the store's tidy :smile:!
Yeah, least you'll be able to find out what he's like :smile:
Aww.
Oh well done :biggrin:!
Aww oh well, even though staying behind is a pain, least the store's tidy :smile:!
Yeah, least you'll be able to find out what he's like :smile:

Exactly, I was really happy and even beat some of the girls! :smile:

Yeah, and to be honest the last hour wasn't even that bad whilst doing it - quite fun if I'm honest :smile:

But I do have a story from today :frown:
Exactly, I was really happy and even beat some of the girls! :smile:

Yeah, and to be honest the last hour wasn't even that bad whilst doing it - quite fun if I'm honest :smile:

But I do have a story from today :frown:

That's good :smile:
Yeah I find that hour does go kinda quick :redface:
Aww
That's good :smile:
Yeah I find that hour does go kinda quick :redface:
Aww

Actually, I find that the hour goes slowly and that it's the delivery shift hours that go really quickly :redface:

Yeah, when I was on the till I was serving a lady who wanted to purchase something using one of the shopping centres giftcards - something we normally don't do. I explained that to her and she said okay she'd pay by card. Once I served her, she left.

Now whilst I'm serving the next customer and having a chat to him whilst I'm serving him, the woman walks back in and says 'Just to let you know but you do accept the cards because it says so in your shop window, so thank you for wasting my time'. I had to explain to her that I'm sorry and I'm normally working on shoes and have been told in the past that we don't accept those type of cards - only our giftcards. In hindsight though, I guess I could've asked one of the tillgirls next to me just to double check if we did/didn't accept the cards.

So yeah that put a downer on my day, but straight afterwards I apologised to the customer I was serving before the woman interrupted and carried on packing their stuff. I told them thank you very much and wished them a good day to which they said 'Brilliant, thank you have a good day yourself and thank you for not wasting our time' - with a smile on their faces and one of the daughters even gave me a wink. They had been standing behind the woman in the queue whilst she was being served and had overheard the whole thing, including my explanation of me not normally working on tills, so to hear them take sympathy at my embarrassing situation actually brightened my day :biggrin:

But yeah, lesson learned!
Actually, I find that the hour goes slowly and that it's the delivery shift hours that go really quickly :redface:

Yeah, when I was on the till I was serving a lady who wanted to purchase something using one of the shopping centres giftcards - something we normally don't do. I explained that to her and she said okay she'd pay by card. Once I served her, she left.

Now whilst I'm serving the next customer and having a chat to him whilst I'm serving him, the woman walks back in and says 'Just to let you know but you do accept the cards because it says so in your shop window, so thank you for wasting my time'. I had to explain to her that I'm sorry and I'm normally working on shoes and have been told in the past that we don't accept those type of cards - only our giftcards. In hindsight though, I guess I could've asked one of the tillgirls next to me just to double check if we did/didn't accept the cards.

So yeah that put a downer on my day, but straight afterwards I apologised to the customer I was serving before the woman interrupted and carried on packing their stuff. I told them thank you very much and wished them a good day to which they said 'Brilliant, thank you have a good day yourself and thank you for not wasting our time' - with a smile on their faces and one of the daughters even gave me a wink. They had been standing behind the woman in the queue whilst she was being served and had overheard the whole thing, including my explanation of me not normally working on tills, so to hear them take sympathy at my embarrassing situation actually brightened my day :biggrin:

But yeah, lesson learned!

Fair dos :redface:
Aww bless. Well you couldn't help it if you didn't know. Plus you didn't think at asking at the time :redface:
Aww that's good :biggrin:
But yeah I really hate customers who get really nasty towards you. It actually put a downer on my day when I get customers like that :/
I work at a reputable high street store and definitely have had my fair share of imbecile customers. It's like they forget I'm still human and the only thing stopping me from reaching over the counter and slapping them is that I'm wearing the bloody uniform and its how I afford nice things :colondollar: If I didn't need the money I would not work in retail.
Customers who use a different bag for every single item.
Fair dos :redface:
Aww bless. Well you couldn't help it if you didn't know. Plus you didn't think at asking at the time :redface:
Aww that's good :biggrin:
But yeah I really hate customers who get really nasty towards you. It actually put a downer on my day when I get customers like that :/

Yeah, delivery shift > normal shift > closedown shift :redface:
But I guess I should've applied some common sense and asked someone else - got me all red in the face and everything due to the embarrassment! :frown:
Yeah! I was like 'Haha thanks! you just made my day! thank you ever so much!' :biggrin:
Well there was another customer today who, after telling her we only had a size 8 or above in a shoe for which she was asking for a size 7, she slammed down the box of shoes in her hand on the metal benches in the serving area and stormed out!

I mean come on, really? she'd only just walked in and it was the first pair of shoes that she'd asked for as well...
Yeah, delivery shift > normal shift > closedown shift :redface:
But I guess I should've applied some common sense and asked someone else - got me all red in the face and everything due to the embarrassment! :frown:
Yeah! I was like 'Haha thanks! you just made my day! thank you ever so much!' :biggrin:
Well there was another customer today who, after telling her we only had a size 8 or above in a shoe for which she was asking for a size 7, she slammed down the box of shoes in her hand on the metal benches in the serving area and stormed out!

I mean come on, really? she'd only just walked in and it was the first pair of shoes that she'd asked for as well...

Aww bless :redface:
Aww well it was a simple mistake :redface:
Yeah I love customers who are so lovely :o: :biggrin::smile::smile:
Whaaaat? She could've easily looked for another shoe or just order online or something..
Aww bless :redface:
Aww well it was a simple mistake :redface:
Yeah I love customers who are so lovely :o: :biggrin::smile::smile:
Whaaaat? She could've easily looked for another shoe or just order online or something..

No serving 'annoying' customers on delivery shifts, nothing but tagging shoes and putting them away. Simples! :redface:
Yeah, I'll just forget about it and leave it in the past :smile:
I can't think of a person who doesn't - unless that person is a pessimist or something...?
You would have thought so...

Latest

Trending

Trending