The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't think I could work in McDonalds-some of my friends used to and it was definitly not fun.

I worked in Tescos for two years. Yeah its not the most fun (what part time job is?) but its full of people about student age and so everyone gets on really well and goes out at the weekend together. Its really flexible-theres always usually more hours if you want them. I found it to be good to fit around my uni. I would suggest trying them-I met some really nice people there.
Reply 2
I work at good ol' somerfeilds and their flexible, u have to work your contracted hours (for me a sat morn and a wed eve) I do about 7 hours, its not too bad at all, and there are always more hours u can take if u need it. You get a orange/green (yummy!? :confused: ) uniform but its not as bad as a job I had in a kitchen because of all the frying of food you seriously STANK!! It gets into your clothes, your hair everything, it just wreaked, I imagine this would be the mc donnalds scenario, id avoid it like the plauge! after a week u smell perminently! lol so go for asda or tescos, they probably pay more, u can sit down on the tills and u will smell the same way you came in!! lol hope this helps u decide!!

Soph xx :p:
Reply 3
If you work at McDonalds you'll come out smelling of conglomerate pigs***.
Reply 4
Not being mean but the people at our school who work at mc donnalds get the micky ripped out of them so if i were u id go for the supermarkets.
Reply 5
I applied for shelf-stacker at Asda, and they said my "career aspirations" werent high enough! :confused: :eek:
I applied for shelf-stacker at Asda, and they said my "career aspirations" werent high enough!

Oh no!! :O
Reply 7
Workin at McDonalds isn't as bad as everyone thinks (worked there for over 2 yrs and gone through the hating it and loving it stages), the hours are pretty felxible and you can book days off as you wish due to the nature of the system (obviously you can't abuse it or they say something).

The one I worked in thru 6th form and during uni holidays is pretty quiet so it can be dull but it depends on the people working there (mostly students in those holidays).

Oh and you don't smell as bad post shift as you'd think, well not when you run drive thru most of the time like I do (kitchen staff obviously get it worst)

Negatives are the managers can be very demanding of when they want you to work, they don't care one bit if its outside your availability or you have 5 exams the next week.
-sophie-
lol so go for asda or tescos, they probably pay more, u can sit down on the tills and u will smell the same way you came in!! lol hope this helps u decide!!
Soph xx :p:

Man, I'm moving to England! At Woolies in Australia you have to stand at the tills. Really sux on a 10 hour shift.
they stand in the woolworths in my town

Latest

Trending

Trending