The Student Room Group

Do I like her or not?

I think I like this girl quite a bit but i'm not sure. She is really good looking, and when she is happy, i find her characteristics and the way she acts very attractive.

The only thing is - whenever we talk, we rarely ttalk about anything that matters. Whenever I talk to her, i am just trying to always make her laugh (and I succeed)

She likes my sense of humour, and gets close to me alot like when we are walking down the road she will push in towards me (if you get me).

So I don't know if I actually do like her - because I never know how to start a decent conversation with her....

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She also has a boyfriend - i sometimes get a conversation out of her on that - last thing she told me about him was that she finds him really annoying and wants to get rid of him - but she hasnt done it yet, and she said it about a month ago.

Im a good friend of her family, and asking her out or making a move etc could jeopordise the friendship and the air wouldnt be clear - tension!!
Reply 2
anyone???! :P
Reply 3
In things like this you have to trust your instincts. If you're thinking right now "I really want to go out with this girl" - no confusion, that's it - then you like her. Otherwise you just think that she's pretty enough to date in the meantime, since there aren't other options.
Reply 4
jd27
In things like this you have to trust your instincts. If you're thinking right now "I really want to go out with this girl" - no confusion, that's it - then you like her. Otherwise you just think that she's pretty enough to date in the meantime, since there aren't other options.

exactly he is right, if you dont take the risk you ll never know i personally would make a move regardless of family friendship but i would wait till she dumps him unless you are bigger than him lol or make sure she knows you will have her as soon as she leaves him
Reply 5
Raziel
exactly he is right, if you dont take the risk you ll never know i personally would make a move regardless of family friendship but i would wait till she dumps him unless you are bigger than him lol or make sure she knows you will have her as soon as she leaves him

But I like her a lot (not just because of her stunning looks) but in relationships - you cant just keep cracking jokes can you! You have to talk about stuff that matters and im rubbish at that. Ive known her for years and all ive done is made her laugh. I CANT get convos going with her unless they are just to make her laugh.

Im not usually like this - its just with her.....

advice?
Reply 6
Ugly Bob
But I like her a lot (not just because of her stunning looks) but in relationships - you cant just keep cracking jokes can you! You have to talk about stuff that matters and im rubbish at that. Ive known her for years and all ive done is made her laugh. I CANT get convos going with her unless they are just to make her laugh.

advice?

Tell me this - did you wake up this morning thinking about her? Or go to bed last night? Or dream about her?

If you can't get her off your mind then you do really like her.
The rest will come. Just because you've never discussed geo-politics with her doesn't mean the relationship won't work out.

My friend just broke up with his girlfriend of a year. They rarely had long conversations - except for gossip. Apparently they filled the time with sex.

There are worse things that could happen.
Reply 7
Tell me this - did you wake up this morning thinking about her? Or go to bed last night? Or dream about her?

Funny you should say that - all 3 are correct! but probably in the wrong way - she went off to her bfs so maybe I was just thinking of what they were doing together.... :frown:

I know there are loads of women in london plenty more fish in the see bla bla but I like her!

I dont think she is the sort for having sex unless in a very long term relationship, and i think conversation is an important thing in a relationship.

Me and my jokes eh...
Reply 8
Ugly Bob

advice?

well at the beggining of relationships people dnt really talk about serious stuff they mess around, flirt, kiss alot with time you ll get to know each other better and conversation of a sensible nature will come along by themsleves without even trying :biggrin:
jd27
My friend just broke up with his girlfriend of a year. They rarely had long conversations - except for gossip. Apparently they filled the time with sex.

There are worse things that could happen.

(okay long time ago quote but) that's my last relationship to a tee.
Reply 10
but ive known her for ages....it just makes it a bit awkward....

Its a strange relationship because I only know her through her other sister so ive always just been a family friend therefore we never meet and go out places much.

I mean occasionaly ill bump into her in college and ask if shes up for doing something and sometimes she will - but ive gotta be careful cos she often meets her boyf at college - i was asking her out to the cinema and he was right behind me once - dont think he was too happy lol
Reply 11
Was it an enjoyable relationship though spoon of death?
Reply 12
Ugly Bob
Was it an enjoyable relationship though spoon of death?

if you are plannin a relatioship just for sex and sex is the only thing you are going to do you might aswell leave well enoug alone
Best 2 years of my Life Ugly Bob.
Reply 14
Raziel - i have too much respect for this girl to just want sex from her. The way she acts - i want her to be the mother of my children!!! So sex would be a small part of it in the future if we ever get it on :tongue:
And for the record I didn't just want sex and small talk from my last relationship, it just happens to be what I got. So I enjoyed it while I had it.
Reply 16
Ugly Bob
Raziel - i have too much respect for this girl to just want sex from her. The way she acts - i want her to be the mother of my children!!! So sex would be a small part of it in the future if we ever get it on :tongue:

the mother of your children?!and then you say you are not sure if you like her? :eek: i think sex is the last thing you got to worry about a relatioship because is all about spending time and sharing stuff with that person you like/love so if you like her jst go for it if se says no you can still be friends no reason why you should stop speaking to each other because of that
Reply 17
lol i do like her, its just im worried about going out with her and not having anything to talk about - i can only crack so many jokes you know. i am not a joke cracking machine the last time i checked.

Imagine seeing her EVERYDAY - i would need more than jokes woman :wink:
bob if you like her you, and I think we've worked out you do! You should try and get more/ have a relationship, & don't worry about the joke cracking, I'm sure it'll sort itself out. :P
Reply 19
hahah

But she has a boyfriend....i saw him last night - he's never spoken to me before, but last night he seemed alright.

If i ask her, one of us will be pissed off or sad....

Latest

Trending

Trending