The Student Room Group

Nursing/Healthcare soc?

This poll is closed

What should be done to the nursing soc?

Keep it as it is14%
New one (ie thread, leader, for applicants, hca's etc, see post)86%
Total votes: 7
If you see here: we have a nursing soc, which is underused, underrated and it'd be well awesome to update it, as it was started a longgg time ago, and personally, and i dont know how everyone else feels, about starting up a new nursing soc thread, which can include those with an interest in nursing (ie applicants, people who work as care assistants etc) student nurses, and the qualifieds

so, whats the consensus on this, good/bad idea? or shall we leave the nurses soc as it is
Reply 1
Subcutaneous
If you see here: we have a nursing soc, which is underused, underrated and it'd be well awesome to update it, as it was started a longgg time ago, and personally, and i dont know how everyone else feels, about starting up a new nursing soc thread, which can include those with an interest in nursing (ie applicants, people who work as care assistants etc) student nurses, and the qualifieds

so, whats the consensus on this, good/bad idea? or shall we leave the nurses soc as it is

Maybe you could add a poll and see what people think?
Reply 2
poll added!

come on guys, nurses..care assistants, even if you're a medical student who works as a HCA, you're still welcome to have a say :smile:
Reply 3
Not sure about you describing it as 'healthcare'/nursing but then severely limiting 'healthcare'.

Might be good to have an AHP soc on the otherhand :smile:
Reply 4
swiftuk
Not sure about you describing it as 'healthcare'/nursing but then severely limiting 'healthcare'.

Might be good to have an AHP soc on the otherhand :smile:

an AHP soc seems a good idea for you guys...

on the nursing side, howeverrrrrr...i think the nurses could do with their own personal soc, just a better and more informed and updated than the one now!
Reply 5
I say we go for a new one. One that differs from the current one, making it more popular etc.
I think a new one would be good :top:
Reply 7
pinkprincessk
I think a new one would be good :top:

just trying to work out how to get a new one up and running! :smile:
Reply 8
smilee172

Cool.
& I know im pretty new to the nursing thing but if you need a hand with any soc wise, im more than willing to help out :smile:
Reply 9
Becky_90
Cool.
& I know im pretty new to the nursing thing but if you need a hand with any soc wise, im more than willing to help out :smile:

thanks :smile: so what kind of nursing do you do? when did you start?
Reply 10
smilee172
thanks :smile: so what kind of nursing do you do? when did you start?

Im due to start Adult in Sept.
I did a year of a health & social degree last year, which did no good for me! (It had originally just been a means to a end-hence the change!)
smilee172

Cool, i too am here to help if you need it!!

I too am starting adult in September...have previously done 18months before having my son 3 years ago so am starting again!! Hoping the CFA will be a doddle having done it before!!
ah good luck to you both :smile:
Reply 13
smilee172

Requesting a soc app isn't the way if it's already an existing soc, as is the case with the Nursing Soc :no: I don't get what's so wrong with the existing thread. However, if you're dead set on making a new one (though I'm going to be honest and say it seems a bit daft), create the new thread, post in AAM with a link to it and one of the supermods can update the soc link :smile:

Latest