The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mozart is great for revision - scientifically proven to aid your brain in retaining information. Genius.
JonnyB
Mozart is great for revision - scientifically proven to aid your brain in retaining information. Genius.

I completely agree... Mozart's music makes me write better essays :biggrin:
Reply 62
I love classical msuic...helps that my favourite comoposer is Mozart!
sexysax
I love classical msuic...helps that my favourite comoposer is Mozart!

He's my favourite too... I love so many different composers, but I always go back to MOzart :biggrin:
Reply 64
Eeyore
He's my favourite too... I love so many different composers, but I always go back to MOzart :biggrin:

Yeah I like a lot...but nothing beats Mozart!
JAZZ! It is so peaceful you forget you are listening to it; it's so sexy.
sexysax
Yeah I like a lot...but nothing beats Mozart!

Beethoven and Chopin get pretty close to beating Mozart.
Reply 67
I like Beethoven and some Chopin...but I always prefer Mozart! I can't help it!
How can anybody listen to rap when revising?! It's nice enough for relaxing et cetera, but like, for revising I think it's too obtrusive.
sexysax
I like Beethoven and some Chopin...but I always prefer Mozart! I can't help it!

How about bach? I think all his music sounds the same lol. And fiendishly hard to play.
Reply 70
I hate rap!

Hmm Bach- I'm playing a piece of his for grade 8 sax and I love it...but I'm not overally keen on him....
sexysax
I hate rap!

Hmm Bach- I'm playing a piece of his for grade 8 sax and I love it...but I'm not overally keen on him....

Well how cool to find somebody who doesn't think classical music is square and boring :biggrin:. Good day sax, nice to meet you.
Reply 72
Woo! I love classical music! Hi to you to! Now I must be off!
My favourite composers are Chopin, Rachmaninov and Prokofiev. A hell "ov" a lot of beautiful music between them. Prokofiev's 3rd Piano Concerto is amazing :eek:

Michael
Reply 74
So is Rachmaniov's 2nd piano concerto- pure class! I also love his Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini!
Starsailor
My favourite composers are Chopin, Rachmaninov and Prokofiev. A hell "ov" a lot of beautiful music between them. Prokofiev's 3rd Piano Concerto is amazing :eek:

Michael

I don't tend to like Russian composers. In general I find their music too..."severe".
Reply 76
Speaking of Russian composers....I have to study Stravinsky's Firebird Suite for A-level Music... not a favourite I must say!
Reply 77
Stravinsky's neoclassical stuff is fit. I sang some of his stuff in a choir, and it sounded awesome. Listening to Mozart and Chopin will make you a better person.
Chiron
JAZZ! It is so peaceful you forget you are listening to it; it's so sexy.

Peaceful!? Definitely depends...There are certainly many, many easy listening songs but then again there are others on the opposite end of the scale, take my one of my personal favourite, Giant Steps by John Coltrane :smile: . Fast, firey and generally awe-inspiring!

Michael
Reply 79
A lot of Stravinsky stuff is neo classical yeah..I like jazz too....I'm in a big band that plays jazz etc..its cool!

Latest

Trending

Trending