The Student Room Group

Resistance Diagram

http://s359.photobucket.com/albums/oo40/jsmith613/?action=view&current=Physics-1.png

Can someone please show me the completed diagram. I can't quite work out how to do it

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by jsmith6131

http://s359.photobucket.com/albums/oo40/jsmith613/?action=view&current=Physics-1.png

Can someone please show me the completed diagram. I can't quite work out how to do it

thanks

What two objects do you need to complete that circuit in order to measure its resistance?
voltemeter and ammeter
Reply 3

voltemeter and ammeter

Okay well, yes you could do it manually if you wanted to, but for this scenerio it would seem more appropriate to go straight for an ohmmeter.

There's one other thing you need to complete this circuit.
power source

Ok so how would it look. Where would I connect everything???
Reply 5

power source

Ok so how would it look. Where would I connect everything???

Yep you've got it. Power source, voltmeter, ammeter.

Remember that voltmeters need to be connected in parralel and ammeters connected in series in your circuit.
could you add to the diagram these components. I am not sure how to add them thanks
Reply 7

could you add to the diagram these components. I am not sure how to add them thanks

I'm on a phone at the moment but follow the ends of the electrode and connect by drawing a power source. Put an ammeter in series (think about which side you'll need to put) and a voltmeter in parallel, either across the power source or across the electrodes, doesn't matter.
???
Reply 10

Getting there. I probably would extend the line further so they're not passing through the liquid. Remember you need to put your voltmeter in parallel with your power source or the electrodes. Also, think about where you would need to put the ammeter to measure the current once the current has passed through the film.
I am confused by your last point what is wrong with what I have done???
Reply 12

I am confused by your last point what is wrong with what I have done???

You've made the circuit go through the conducting fluid, just in terms of clarity try and avoid overlapping things when you draw a circuit.

Your voltmeter is not in parallel with the power source or the electrodes, it must be in parallel with one of them to measure voltage.

To measure the effect on resistance of that film you need to measure the current after its passed through the film. So the ammeter must come after the electrodes and film in your circuit diagram.
thanks alot for your help!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest