The Student Room Group

edxecel physics unit 1 jan 2012

16) c ii)
The net is 15 cm high. Explain how the spin helps the ball hit the table on the
other side of the net.

any help plz
Just to point out, I think people may have issues replying to your question due to lacking information. Try posting the entire question and any previously done working to get more out of your post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lopper
16) c ii)
The net is 15 cm high. Explain how the spin helps the ball hit the table on the
other side of the net.

any help plz

I know which question you are talking about. Take a look at the Mark scheme. The spin causes the ball to be deflected upwards. By Newton 3rd law this makes an equal and opposite force act on the ball. Hence there is a greater downward resultant force acting on the ball and so greater downward acceleration of ball. The ball travels a greater downward distance. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by krisshP
I know which question you are talking about. Take a look at the Mark scheme. The spin causes the ball to be deflected upwards. By Newton 3rd law this makes an equal and opposite force act on the ball. Hence there is a greater downward resultant force acting on the ball and so greater downward acceleration of ball. The ball travels a greater downward distance. :smile:

are u doing edexcel too
Reply 4
Original post by lopper

are u doing edexcel too

yeah I do Edexcel as well:biggrin::biggrin:. I did your question I think in last week and have done the past paper twice so far.

The paper is so hard especially the one about the train passengers and explainning why seat C is safest and the last spring question final long part. But you do learn a LOT through that paper, so we're lucky that it's available for us! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by krisshP
yeah I do Edexcel as well:biggrin::biggrin:. I did your question I think in last week and have done the past paper twice so far.

The paper is so hard especially the one about the train passengers and explainning why seat C is safest and the last spring question final long part. But you do learn a LOT through that paper, so we're lucky that it's available for us! :smile:

ya absolutely.

Quick Reply

Latest