The Student Room Group

A2 physics research coursework on Carnot Cycle, what to write about?

I'm writing my research coursework on the Carnot Cycle.
I wrote my introduction, then described the stages of the cycle, including P-V and T-S diagrams, and showed derivation of formula for efficiency, but now I'm stuck and don't know what to write. I need about 2000 words, and right now I'm on roughly 1000..

Any ideas?
Hello,

I do not claim to know a lot about this area, however after a little bit of shallow research, I think that you could do the following. I would imagine that you could write about how the theoretical efficiency compares with the efficiency of a heat engine in practice. This could link with Carnot's Theorem and the conditions required for the maximum efficiency shown by the cycle. You may also wish to write about the 'Reverse Carnot Cycle'.
Reply 2
Original post by Smithenator5000
Hello,

I do not claim to know a lot about this area, however after a little bit of shallow research, I think that you could do the following. I would imagine that you could write about how the theoretical efficiency compares with the efficiency of a heat engine in practice. This could link with Carnot's Theorem and the conditions required for the maximum efficiency shown by the cycle. You may also wish to write about the 'Reverse Carnot Cycle'.

Thanks, that helped a lot :smile:
Original post by vannson
Thanks, that helped a lot :smile:

You're welcome- good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest