The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Wifebeaters

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
KwungSun
Either you don't have the physique in which case you'll look crap, or you do have the physique in which case you'll look like some narcissistic vanity ulcer who is trying to show off their physique, so avoid in any case.

So true :p:
Reply 21

:coma:
Best avoided unless worn under a shirt!
haha beaters under a shirt sounds like a giggle! partial strips anyone :biggrin:
MrsIpod
:s sorry but whats a wifebeater?

Lol how come EVERYONE knew what they were apart from us? I've never heard of it :s-smilie:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol how come EVERYONE knew what they were apart from us? I've never heard of it :s-smilie:

lol just not down with the scene :biggrin:

fo'rizzle dizzle!
I wear a vest if it's a bit nippy, but I don't want to wear a jacket.
ocelotrevs
I wear a vest if it's a bit nippy, but I don't want to wear a jacket.

doesnt that just make it worse? your arms are cold and your nipples could cut glass...:frown:
Reply 28
You're a chav or you love your body if you wear them casually. I wear them for running as they are so very comfortable! Using them in a gym is fine too, and any form of exercise but for casual use and i put an instant opinion on that person :p:

Btw, i had never heard of them term until recently on this forum, i had no idea what they were until a few months back and knew it as just a vest or a vest top or a sleeveless top! Stupid name or what!?
benmh92
You're a chav or you love your body if you wear them casually. I wear them for running as they are so very comfortable! Using them in a gym is fine too, and any form of exercise but for casual use and i put an instant opinion on that person :p:

Btw, i had never heard of them term until recently on this forum, i had no idea what they were until a few months back and knew it as just a vest or a vest top or a sleeveless top! Stupid name or what!?

plus it shares the title with a stella so there is great space for confusion!

you can both wear and drink a wifebeater! or in fact beat a wife!! :eek:

the possibilities are endless :woo: :woo:
Reply 30
How is a 'wifebeater' any different from a vest?

The last time I wandered around in a vest (and a pair of braces hanging down... yes, I wear braces with formal clothing, live with it), having dispensed with a slightly uncomfortable new shirt, I was noted as looking 'a bit too Nazi-ish'.
L i b
How is a 'wifebeater' any different from a vest?

The last time I wandered around in a vest (and a pair of braces hanging down... yes, I wear braces with formal clothing, live with it), having dispensed with a slightly uncomfortable new shirt, I was noted as looking 'a bit too Nazi-ish'.

lol that would have been the bracers fault, they are a tad german these days :frown:

id wear them but im obsessed by belts!
I don't like them at all. I think they look tacky and I don't care how nice the exposed arms are. I makes men look like a pseudo-bodybuilder, slob and player all rolled into one. Just NO.

Have some class and wear a shirt, or a plain, well fitted t-shirt.
Reply 33
But don't people agree it's fine enough for exercise. But hell no for casual wear.
Gym, exercise, any sort of sporting activity they are fine. Also I think they are acceptable for outdoors on a hot day at the park, with shorts etc. People wear them on the beaches around Cape Town all the time. I think wearing them for a club looks a bit naff, you look like a poser or a chav.
Reply 35
why the **** is it called a wifebeater?
Sounds like a new show by Adam Savage and Jamie Heineman.
Reply 37
Usman938
why the **** is it called a wifebeater?

Cos wifebeaters wear them? And by wifebeaters I mean red necks....Usually complete with checked sleveless shirt- open, a can of stella, and BBQ sauce stains
sarCAZm
Cos wifebeaters wear them? And by wifebeaters I mean red necks....Usually comnplete with checked sleveless shirts open, a can of stelle, and BBQ sauce stains

:laugh:, what an accurate description, been hanging about in alabama lately?
Reply 39
BeesKnees
:laugh:, what an accurate description, been hanging about in alabama lately?

I'm just a fine connoisseur of redneck culture :wink: By day I'm your average posh bitch, by night I rock out to country music and grill roadgill.