The Student Room Group

Rate my skincare routine

I've heard numerous positive reviews*about Korean skincare, and with the irresistible*TikTok vids on viral skincare products (Olive Young, etc.), I was so tempted to try*and end up*completely revamping my skincare routine with Korean products. All the buzz these days can't make much more sense.

My current skincare routine is listed below. My skin tends to be dry and occasionally sensitive, so my*primary focus will be*deep*hydration and brightening. I'm excited to hear your thoughts and feedback, and hoping this*may be useful to those*interested in K-beauty.

AM
Numbuzin No. 1 toner pad
D Alba Mist
Corx snail mucin essence
Goodal Vitamin C Serum
Roundlab serum
Roundlab SPF

PM
Clinique cleansing balm
Krave facial cleanser
Toner Anua
D Alba Mist
Goodal toner pad
Corx snail mucin essence
Numbuzin No. 5 vitamin C
Numbuzin No. 3 serum
Goodal Vitamin C moisturizer

Feel free to add your insights and recommendations, and for those curious about K-beauty, comment below with questions, and I'll make sure to answer them my best.
Reply 1
You have been 'conned' into paying a small fortune on skin products.

Your genetic make up is the absolute decider for your skin quality; not skin products. Keep your skin clean with a mild facial wash or soap washed off with plenty of plain water and then use a non greasy moisturiser.

Expensive products do not guarantee skin quality.

Hydration (water), diet and exercise do far more.
Hey, my love! You've definitely got some great steps in your routine! Especially spf.

With all skin, although particularly if you've got sensitive skin, less tends to be more. I'd recommend sticking to only toning once a day, and I think the level of vitamin C is going to do more harm than good.

Realistically, whilst it's so lovely to have a full routine with multiple aspects, the best thing you can do for your skin is stripping down.

For instance,

AM

Corx snail mucin essence
A serum if you'd like (preferably not vitamin C)
A standard moisuriser (La Roche Posay would be a great option)
SPF

PM

Clinique cleansing balm
(unless you're wearing extremely heavy make up, I wouldn't double cleanse)
Toner (I know you use multiple, so I'd pick whichever one works for you best)
Vitamin C serum (optional)
Standard moisturiser (or snail mucin essence, I'd pick one and stick to it)

Unless you've got a specific 'issue' you'd like to fix, you really only need a cleanser, moisturiser and spf. The rest are add-ons that pose more risk to harming your skin, than helping.
Reply 3
What's the best cleanser for oily skin?
Reply 4
Original post by Orla9099

i find the soap and glory face wash really good, it cleanses very well and leaves the skin feeling nice, i moisturize afterwards using Olay, it works for all skin types. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft and it isn't oil based at all so it doesn't cause the skin to get oily.

https://www.soapandglory.com/skincare/cleanser/face-soap-and-clarity-vitamin-c-face-wash
https://www.amazon.com/Moisturizer-Olay-Hydrating-Original-Packaging/dp/B001LF4BDK
Reply 5
Original post by aira.a
i find the soap and glory face wash really good, it cleanses very well and leaves the skin feeling nice, i moisturize afterwards using Olay, it works for all skin types. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft and it isn't oil based at all so it doesn't cause the skin to get oily.

https://www.soapandglory.com/skincare/cleanser/face-soap-and-clarity-vitamin-c-face-wash
https://www.amazon.com/Moisturizer-Olay-Hydrating-Original-Packaging/dp/B001LF4BDK

Thank you !!!!!!!!
Reply 6
this is my skincare routine let me kow if i need to change or add anything :
am
soap and water
epimax

pm
nothing
p.s i have excema prone skin
Reply 7
Original post by ___plinhh
I've heard numerous positive reviews*about Korean skincare, and with the irresistible*TikTok vids on viral skincare products (Olive Young, etc.), I was so tempted to try*and end up*completely revamping my skincare routine with Korean products. All the buzz these days can't make much more sense.

My current skincare routine is listed below. My skin tends to be dry and occasionally sensitive, so my*primary focus will be*deep*hydration and brightening. I'm excited to hear your thoughts and feedback, and hoping this*may be useful to those*interested in K-beauty.

AM
Numbuzin No. 1 toner pad
D Alba Mist
Corx snail mucin essence
Goodal Vitamin C Serum
Roundlab serum
Roundlab SPF

PM
Clinique cleansing balm
Krave facial cleanser
Toner Anua
D Alba Mist
Goodal toner pad
Corx snail mucin essence
Numbuzin No. 5 vitamin C
Numbuzin No. 3 serum
Goodal Vitamin C moisturizer

Feel free to add your insights and recommendations, and for those curious about K-beauty, comment below with questions, and I'll make sure to answer them my best.

Skincare routine Creat for me under 1500 rs. Per month.
Now I'm use
Cetaphil gentle clenser
Rose water as toner
Emoline cream as moisturiser in night
Episoft ac sunscreen and moisturizer in morning
Reply 8
Original post by Orla9099

Cetaphil oily skin type cleanser

Quick Reply

Latest