The Student Room Group

Briefly describe your skincare routine (if you have one)

I just want to hear other people's skincare routines for fun. Just to be helpful, please lay it out like mine for example;

Skin Type: Combination
Cleanser: Cala Aloe Vera Foam Cleanser
Toner: Boots Glycerine and Rosewater
Serum: The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
Moisturiser: Boots Traditional Skin Cream

Scroll to see replies

I only recently started skincare! So I'm still figuring it out.

Cleanser - Cerave Salicylic acid
Toner- I don't use it
Serum - I forgot the name, It's a vitamin C one I found at TXmaxx.
Moisturiser - Aveeno
Reply 2
Original post by nul_student1
I just want to hear other people's skincare routines for fun. Just to be helpful, please lay it out like mine for example;

Hi there! Here’s mine :smile:
skin type- combination
cleanser- simple ‚refreshing facial wash’
toner- simple ‚soothing facial toner’
salicylic acid tonic (at night)
serum- ordinary niacinamide
moisturiser- don’t really use one 😬 sometimes I use ziaja
spf- always get a different one, as I’m trying to find the best one lol
Reply 3
step 1: massacre mine enemies
step 2: bathe in their blood
Reply 4
water

edit: and sometimes aveeno if my skin is particularly dry
(edited 2 months ago)
Thread moved to fashion and beauty.

Cleanser: La-Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel and CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser
Toner: La-Roche Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion Toner
Moisturiser: Nivea
Sunscreen: Soltan Protect and Moisturise
(edited 2 months ago)

skin type: dry, acne prone
cleanser: roundlab Dokdo cleanser, roundlab birch tree cleanser, inkey list salicylic acid cleanser, inkey list fulvic acid cleanser.
Toner: roundlab dokdo toner, cosrx bha/aha
No serums
Treatment : tretinoin
Moisturizer : Illiyoon ceramide ato concentrate cream, purito B5 Panthenol Re-Barrier Cream
Suncream - Roundlab birch tree suncream
eyecream - beauty of josen eye cream

currently want to work on finding a better suncream as my current one could be better, need to get a sunstick to reapply. Would like to include more hydration. I have a list of products i wanna buy but i have no money rip
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by rennatusembers

Toner- I don't use it
Moisturiser - Aveeno

same here im still figuring it out but the boots glyercin and rosewater makes my face look sticky. any alternatives?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by cherrycosmos
skin type: dry, acne prone
cleanser: roundlab Dokdo cleanser, roundlab birch tree cleanser, inkey list salicylic acid cleanser, inkey list fulvic acid cleanser.
Toner: roundlab dokdo toner, cosrx bha/aha
No serums
Treatment : tretinoin
Moisturizer : Illiyoon ceramide ato concentrate cream, purito B5 Panthenol Re-Barrier Cream
Suncream - Roundlab birch tree suncream
eyecream - beauty of josen eye cream

currently want to work on finding a better suncream as my current one could be better, need to get a sunstick to reapply. Would like to include more hydration. I have a list of products i wanna buy but i have no money rip

same im broke so i have to manage with cheap skincare 😬 but Beauty Formulas Turmeric Face Scrub is good so my skin looks presentable :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Thread moved to fashion and beauty.

Cleanser: La-Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel and CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser
Toner: La-Roche Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion Toner
Moisturiser: Nivea
Sunscreen: Soltan Protect and Moisturise

do you think your toner works for people who frequently break out? im thinking of using Mario Badescu because im vegan so i try to use organic, natural ingrediented products
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by bl0bf1sh
water

edit: and sometimes aveeno if my skin is particularly dry

me aged 13 lol
Original post by cherrycosmos

same im broke so i have to manage with cheap skincare 😬 but Beauty Formulas Turmeric Face Scrub is good so my skin looks presentable :smile:

Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. Often, you'll find other factors also make a difference such as diet, sun exposure etc.

If a product is working for you, stick with it.
do you think your toner works for people who frequently break out? im thinking of using Mario Badescu because im vegan so i try to use organic, natural ingrediented products

Firstly, it's important to recognise what toner does. They are used as a source of hydration, to balance pH levels, reduce acne and even out your complexion.

If you are breaking out, then you need to look for BHAs:
https://www.cerave.com/skin-smarts/skincare-tips-advice/understanding-the-differences-between-ahas-and-bhas#:~:text=What%20Are%20BHAs%3F,%2C%20seborrheic%20dermatitis%2C%20and%20more.

I think you find them as toners or serums.

In your case, a serum may be slightly more beneficial as the purpose of them is to target specific skin concerns, such as acne.

*Please bear in mind that I am not a dermatologist, I simply have a growing knowledge of skincare. If you are concerned about your skin, you should make an appointment with a dermatologist so they can give an in-depth, personalised consultation.

water
Reply 15
Original post by rennatusembers

Toner- I don't use it
Moisturiser - Aveeno

same here im still figuring it out but the boots glyercin and rosewater makes my face look sticky. any alternatives?

I recommend the Simple toner, it's affordable and works well. You can get it in boots as well :smile:

Try switching brands? I use whatever my mum buys 😭. I haven't tried either of those. I think a Serum would do the same thing?
Reply 17

Skin Type: Combination/ Sensitive
Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
Toner: Rose water or lavender water
Moisturiser: Body Shop Vitamin E cream (PM i use rosehip oil)
SPF: Sunbutter Tinted SPF

I add a spot cream/ salicylic acid if i break out!
(edited 2 months ago)

Make sure to check reviews for Mario Badescu because their toners are known to be somewhat bad.
Reply 19

hand soap (make sure its public hand soap) and showers

Quick Reply

Latest