The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Looper
got halfway through it and gave up, wasn't really interesting
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
imo, RD suffers in the contest with PF because vast swaths of it is 'borrowed' from a film called 'City on Fire'. It's still a great film but PF is superior.

Ah ok, I've not seen "City on Fire". Would you recommend it?
Original post by Platopus
Ah ok, I've not seen "City on Fire". Would you recommend it?

I enjoyed it, so yes, I'd recommend it, even if it's only to see the RD plot line. It is a late 80s/early 90s Hong Kong film though, so if you don't have the stomach for those then don't bother.
I enjoyed it, so yes, I'd recommend it, even if it's only to see the RD plot line. It is a late 80s/early 90s Hong Kong film though, so if you don't have the stomach for those then don't bother.

Sounds good :smile: I have all summer so I'll check it out, thanks.
Inception - 10/10
Deadpool - 9/10

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The Conjuring 2 - 6.5/10
For some reason we watched a lot of films over the weekend.

Midnight Special - really good film, 8/10
Pitch Perfect - on a scale of 1 to Clueless, this is about 6/10 but it is still really good
Buddymoon - I thought this was great for the scenery, music and it was funny (just not laugh out load so), 8/10
World War Z - 7/10 - A solid zombie movie!
Minority Report - 6.5/10
Eye in the Sky - 8/10
The Shawshank Redemption. Just about to watch Reservoir Dogs now.

I really hope this isn't the first time you're watching Reservoir Dogs, coz then it means this whole time you haven't really had that much reason to adequately respect Tarantino. RD is a timeless classic!
Oops too late, I just started watching it - 20mins in already and too engrossed to stop watching now haha. Will give you my judgement once I've finished it! Out of curiosity, do you prefer Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs?

IMO, Reservoir Dogs>Pulp Fiction. RD is grimy and utterly raw as a movie in the crime genre. It exhibits superior performances from the then relatively-unknown actors and great writing from the young Tarantino. The RD narrative is also excellent. Pulp Fiction, on the other hand, relies heavily on the comical scenarios and absurdity of outcomes. But still, both these films are masterpieces of cinematic art!
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
I really hope this isn't the first time you're watching Reservoir Dogs, coz then it means this whole time you haven't really had that much reason to adequately respect Tarantino. RD is a timeless classic!

Sorry, I have to confess that was my first viewing of RD! Actually, until my brother convinced me to watch Pulp Fiction a few weeks ago I hadn't seen any Tarantino films. Which others would you suggest that I try?

IMO, Reservoir Dogs>Pulp Fiction. RD is grimy and utterly raw as a movie in the crime genre. It exhibits superior performances from the then relatively-unknown actors and great writing from the young Tarantino. The RD narrative is also excellent. Pulp Fiction, on the other hand, relies heavily on the comical scenarios and absurdity of outcomes. But still, both these films are masterpieces of cinematic art!

I agree with you here. Loved them both but RD just topped it :smile:
Sorry, I have to confess that was my first viewing of RD! Actually, until my brother convinced me to watch Pulp Fiction a few weeks ago I hadn't seen any Tarantino films. Which others would you suggest that I try?

I agree with you here. Loved them both but RD just topped it :smile:

Unfortunately, there are only 2 other Tarantino-directed films I can recommend: The Hateful Eight, and Inglourious Basterds. But there are other classics with his fingerprints in different credits. Natural Born Killers was his story, and he also wrote the screenplay for True Romance, which I think is my favorite movie of all time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unfortunately, there are only 2 other Tarantino directed films I can recommend: The Hateful Eight, and Inglourious Basterds. But there are other classics with his fingerprints in different credits. Natural Born Killers was his story, and he also wrote the screenplay for True Romance, which I think is my favorite movie of all time.

Thanks! I'll try them out :smile:

Jackie Brown is a must. The Kill Bill films are worth a go, at the very least the first one.
Jackie Brown is a must. The Kill Bill films are worth a go, at the very least the first one.

Thank you! I will add them to my list :tongue:
Martha Marcy May Marlene - 3/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
3 Hobbits.
8/10
8/10
8/10

That's true. I was so excited about the first Kill Bill, but the second sort of underwhelmed.

Quick Reply

Latest