The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Anyone want to join a highly active and fun clan?
Quote me or pm for details!

Thanks!
I still play this game to this day, not religiously like i used to when i was younger, as i have more important things to do (school work etc.) but it was for sure the best game i have ever played. I only play the 07 version btw
Original post by mattsblear
I still play this game to this day, not religiously like i used to when i was younger, as i have more important things to do (school work etc.) but it was for sure the best game i have ever played. I only play the 07 version btw

I agree it's the best game I've ever played, nothing can beat old school rs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it makes me so happy that im not the only nerd who plays this!!

my boyfriend is a soldier and he plays too :biggrin:
Original post by shawtyb
it makes me so happy that im not the only nerd who plays this!!

my boyfriend is a soldier and he plays too :biggrin:

I know 4 soldiers who play! :biggrin:
Original post by propagation
Anyone want to join a highly active and fun clan?
Quote me or pm for details!

Thanks!

I've started a HCIM account - could I join?
Reply 2226
Guys...I want to go back to 2006 when Runescape was golden :frown: Who is going with me?
Original post by benq
Guys...I want to go back to 2006 when Runescape was golden :frown: Who is going with me?

It's better now, in my honest opinion. Although, not as many players.
Reply 2228
Original post by Balloon Baboon
It's better now, in my honest opinion. Although, not as many players.

I haven't played for a few years now. In a nutshell, how is it better?
Original post by benq
I haven't played for a few years now. In a nutshell, how is it better?

The graphics have had a major overhaul and I think it looks really good. The game isn't as graphical as some of the new games that are out now, but for RuneScape I think it looks and works well.

Hardly any bots compared to years ago when it seemed everyone was one. Unfortunatly, when Jagex did the 'Bot Nuke' it did do its job to the greater extent, but also made players leave the game - you have to wonder, where they botting, too? So a lot less player-base than before.
Reply 2230
The graphics have had a major overhaul and I think it looks really good. The game isn't as graphical as some of the new games that are out now, but for RuneScape I think it looks and works well.

Hardly any bots compared to years ago when it seemed everyone was one. Unfortunatly, when Jagex did the 'Bot Nuke' it did do its job to the greater extent, but also made players leave the game - you have to wonder, where they botting, too? So a lot less player-base than before.

What about the new combat system, is it anything like before or completely different?
Original post by benq
What about the new combat system, is it anything like before or completely different?

It's good and you always have the option to change back to the old system if you want to. :smile:
I know 4 soldiers who play! :biggrin:

thinking about it now, my boyf and my other friend haha were all nerds lmao!

my player name is ladyredbull lmfao!!!
I've started a HCIM account - could I join?

Join cc as guest:Ctrl Alt Delete
And when a rank is online ask them for an invite.
Tell them Liquid offered you a place.
Original post by propagation
Join cc as guest:Ctrl Alt Delete
And when a rank is online ask them for an invite.
Tell them Liquid offered you a place.

I will do, thanks!
Original post by benq

You can man, well, not 2006, but 2007!

They have released a old version of the game back like it was in 2007, with all the original looking items and what not.

Although they have started to add new items and monsters to game, but still with the 'nostalgic' feel we all know and love!

Have fun!
Reply 2236
You can man, well, not 2006, but 2007!

They have released a old version of the game back like it was in 2007, with all the original looking items and what not.

Although they have started to add new items and monsters to game, but still with the 'nostalgic' feel we all know and love!

Have fun!

Yeah I know this thing. I actually played it for like a month when it was just out. But it doesn't feel like it did back in the real 2007! I don't know why. :frown:
Original post by benq
Yeah I know this thing. I actually played it for like a month when it was just out. But it doesn't feel like it did back in the real 2007! I don't know why. :frown:

Yeah I understand, i still play it so obviously i'm pretty fond of it.

Some people just don't like it, mainly cause there is still alot of things that stop it feel like 2007, mainly gambling and merching, just the small things that ruin every game in this day and age.

I've even started seeing runescape gambling websites on youtube adverts, which is a bit scary tbh.

Can't say that i have never gambled myself, cause i have, actually i was a host in several gambling chats back in the days. This was on rs3 though, pre EOC update.
Reply 2238
Yeah I understand, i still play it so obviously i'm pretty fond of it.

Some people just don't like it, mainly cause there is still alot of things that stop it feel like 2007, mainly gambling and merching, just the small things that ruin every game in this day and age.

I've even started seeing runescape gambling websites on youtube adverts, which is a bit scary tbh.

Can't say that i have never gambled myself, cause i have, actually i was a host in several gambling chats back in the days. This was on rs3 though, pre EOC update.

Lol, I remember paying crazy coin to get membership in one of those fancy dicing clans. I was making so much money...good ol' days. But then I lost everything on duel arena and also my pure got ruined by some dude who I paid to train me ranged lol. I haven't played since then. So gambling is still on in the 2007? What don't you like about it?
Lol no way. My name was something lame like Xx_Pk_G0d_xX

Quick Reply

Latest