The Student Room Group

Have you played any good horror games?

It is the month of Halloween, so what good horror games do you play or have been playing recently?
:troll:

I'm a bit of a wuss - I love horror movies but horror games freak me out way too much!

I remember playing Call of Cthulhu role playing game outside, at night with candlelight once - we were all so traumatised no one would walk home alone afterwards . . .
Quake 4, long time ago. I know a better one I have not played: Five Night At Freddie's (FNAF). The jumpscares of that game are freaking horrible!
(edited 6 months ago)
I used to really like Silent Hill.
More recently I remember one called Syndrome I played a few years back.
Original post by ChiefBrody
I remember playing Call of Cthulhu role playing game outside, at night with candlelight once - we were all so traumatised no one would walk home alone afterwards . . .

omg I'm going to have to check that game out.... on Youtube only. :lol:
Original post by Alesha1991
I used to really like Silent Hill.
More recently I remember one called Syndrome I played a few years back.

I love the films, but the games are terrifying!
Original post by Kallisto
Quake 4, long time ago. I know a better one I have not played: Five Night At Freddie's (FNAF). The jumpscares of that game are freaking horrible!

I've not heard of Quake before, but I know there's a film out based on FNAF, so I look forward to seeing that. :biggrin: Are you going to watch it?
Original post by -Eirlys-
omg I'm going to have to check that game out.... on Youtube only. :lol:

I love the films, but the games are terrifying!

I've not heard of Quake before, but I know there's a film out based on FNAF, so I look forward to seeing that. :biggrin: Are you going to watch it?

My bad, the Quake series is actually an egoshooter genre, but sometimes so frightening that it can be counted to horror. :shock: If the FNAF film is as horrible as the games, that could be the first one that is able to cause nightmares.
Reply 6
Visage. It may not be the scariest, but the atmosphere there keeps you going all the time. And on top of that, the plot makes you think and speaks about important things.
The horror game I play the most is 7 Days to Die. I got hooked when it came out, and I haven't really stopped playing it.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest