The Student Room Group

Dyson 2023 entry

Has anyone applied to the dyson institute of technology this year?

Scroll to see replies

Yes I have and I am planning on doing the online assesments and interview tonight, does anybody know what the 8 questions could be?
Original post by Wahousekey
Yes I have and I am planning on doing the online assesments and interview tonight, does anybody know what the 8 questions could be?

I'm doing it tonight as well, should be fun. I've prepped for a range of questions. Not too sure about what the questions will be, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Original post by theswimgeeza
I'm doing it tonight as well, should be fun. I've prepped for a range of questions. Not too sure about what the questions will be, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes I hope they are not too random. I Have prepped answers for general interview questions but not looking forward to the tests
Yes I hope they are not too random. I Have prepped answers for general interview questions but not looking forward to the tests

Good luck!

Let me know how it goes
Let me know how it goes

I didn't end up doing last night since the group coaching gave me more insight as to what is in the interview and I am going to find a teacher to help me prepare some answers today then hopefully do it tonight or tomorrow. How did yours go?
I didn't end up doing last night since the group coaching gave me more insight as to what is in the interview and I am going to find a teacher to help me prepare some answers today then hopefully do it tonight or tomorrow. How did yours go?

I feel like it went ok in all fairness. The interview questions were all good, the technical assessment had some difficulty to it, and the psychometric questions were all good. So overall, I think it went ok
I feel like it went ok in all fairness. The interview questions were all good, the technical assessment had some difficulty to it, and the psychometric questions were all good. So overall, I think it went ok

Thats sounds good Im just trying to prep the answers for the interview a bit more but hopefully we both get through. :smile:
That sounds good Im just trying to prep the answers for the interview a bit more but hopefully, we both get through. :smile:

Honestly good look. You should smash it out of the ballpark. Don't over prepare, just be honest with your answers. Just get it out because the 3 mins goes very quickly. Honestly would he a blast to get through to the next phase
Honestly good look. You should smash it out of the ballpark. Don't over prepare, just be honest with your answers. Just get it out because the 3 mins goes very quickly. Honestly would he a blast to get through to the next phase

What kind of topics were in the questions for the technical assessment section?

To be honest I don't even know, they were application questions.

Have you received your insights from the interview? If so what are your results?
I got my results saying that apparently
- You may find yourself being brief in your interactions with others
- you may notice that you prefer to work alone or that you may even thrive with autonomy
- you demonstrate the capacity to readily change actions, opinions or behaviour and handle ambiguity well
- you continually strive to exceed goals or improve performance
- you tend to be open to learning new information and finding ways to apply what you learn
- you tend to isolate problem areas and use effective techniques to solve them
- your mental agility suggests you'll do better when focusing on one task at a time
- you tend to prefer a trial-and-error or experimental problem solving approach
- you tend to prefer to work with what you see
what did yours say?
Have you received your insights from the interview? If so what are your results?
Original post by Iggy123456
I got my results saying that apparently
- You may find yourself being brief in your interactions with others
- you may notice that you prefer to work alone or that you may even thrive with autonomy
- you demonstrate the capacity to readily change actions, opinions or behaviour and handle ambiguity well
- you continually strive to exceed goals or improve performance
- you tend to be open to learning new information and finding ways to apply what you learn
- you tend to isolate problem areas and use effective techniques to solve them
- your mental agility suggests you'll do better when focusing on one task at a time
- you tend to prefer a trial-and-error or experimental problem solving approach
- you tend to prefer to work with what you see
what did yours say?

Fair play, it is actually quite cool how the AI depicts this from just our interview answers.
I got:
- You communicate in a clear and convincing manner and are able to tailor your message to different audiences.
- You tend to collaborate well with others and focus on team accomplishments and recognition over personal recognition.
- You demonstrate the capacity to readily change actions, opinions or behaviour, and handle ambiguity well.
- You continually strive to exceed goals or improve performance.
- You tend to be open to learning new information and finding ways to apply what you learn.
- You tend to isolate problem areas and use effective techniques to solve them.
- You are able to quickly switch between tasks.
- You tend to prefer a qualitative approach as opposed to a quantitative approach to finding solutions.
- You tend to prefer a trial-and-error or experimental problem-solving approach.
- You tend to prefer to work with what you see.
Reply 15
Have you got any response to the online tests apart from the insights?
Original post by I30
Have you got any response to the online tests apart from the insights?

I can't say I have. Have you?
Reply 17
I can't say I have. Have you?

No I just wanted to check I hadn’t missed anything
Original post by I30
No I just wanted to check I hadn’t missed anything

That's fair, what were your insights?
Reply 19
That's fair, what were your insights?

Some of them really surprised me! I thought it was interesting